Found Fred Cecil on Facebook.

Notices

Found Fred Cecil on Facebook.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 670 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
You forgot Stecz's koolaid lol
don't forget,doc(clip money from my business and parteners) holiday.think he's still in his trailer though.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:39 PM
BRT
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No idea sutphen 30. What exactly are you asking me?
Old 04-01-2017, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by BRT
I was friends with Fred. I stayed at his house, boated with him etc. I too was disappointed to see his business go down the tubes like it did. I will say that he tried very hard to please people. Without making excuses for him, he and his family had endured some very difficult times.
Sad to see what becomes of some people.
Equally sad to see a group mentality pile on just because its popular. I've been on this board since '02 and witnessed those who hated Fred, knew Big Scotty, and sign petitions to free Ben Kramer just because they wanted to be part of the crowd.
I miss the old days of speedgirls avatar, phantomchaos and his jokes, cashbrain's rants, and Apache is best...
OSO is sorta a community of 75,000 residents. Fred was a thief/criminal/crook whatever that got away with a series of crimes against members of this community and industry suppliers. The fact that he may have been a bad business manager or that he has had difficult times does not correct what he did to customers and businesses. My purpose for the original post was for his customers and business partners that possibly wanted to contact Fred.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 670 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by BRT
No idea sutphen 30. What exactly are you asking me?
where did the money go?
Old 04-02-2017, 05:47 AM
BRT
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgive me for being defensive, but how would I know.

Please don't insinuate that I was somehow complicit in anyone's deceit because I was friends with them.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:02 PM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BRT
Equally sad to see a group mentality pile on just because its popular. I've been on this board since '02 and witnessed those who hated Fred, knew Big Scotty, and sign petitions to free Ben Kramer just because they wanted to be part of the crowd.
This is an interesting comment.... when I first joined this board some 14 years ago I, without knowing the pack mentality that existed here at the time, disagreed with Fred.... and was attacked by him & all his "groupies" ... but now it seems you are inferring that the same attitude towards Fred is wrong somehow?

I was fortunate in that I did buy several items from Trick & was treated very well.... it certainly is a same that some were not so fortunate.... but as for Fred.... he advocated the group mentality imo when the group was on his side.... so when it went the other way.... what goes around comes around....
Old 04-14-2017, 12:07 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 20 Posts

I bought a bunch of s hit off Fred. A nice steering wheel, couple drive showers, a purple anodized Fountain dash, can't remember what all, never had a problem. It was sad to see it go down but not particularly uncommon in the Marine business. I think the CMI deal really hurt him. I remember him screaming about how often people would screw up the "straightforward" measurements, the CMI people were really a bunch of dairy farmers and he was stuck in the middle IIRC. He had a Sonic too. He was one of the very first to call out Big Scotty. Pretty much from the get go. Again IIRC BS posted a pic of his plane and Fred traced it to a random Google images shot. Not an easy thing to do on a computer in those days...at least for me lol

Last edited by pullmytrigger; 04-14-2017 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:11 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 851 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
I bought a bunch of s hit off Fred. A nice steering wheel, couple drive showers, a purple anodized Fountain dash, can't remember what all, never had a problem. It was sad to see it go down but not particularly uncommon in the Marine business. I think the CMI deal really hurt him. I remember him screaming about how often people would screw up the "straightforward" measurements, the CMI people were really a bunch of dairy farmers and he was stuck in the middle IIRC. He had a Sonic too. He was one of the very first to call out Big Scotty. Pretty much from the get go. Again IIRC BS posted a pic of his plane and Fred traced it to a random Google images shot. Not an easy thing to do on a computer in those days...at least for me lol
Sorry...IIRC?
Old 04-14-2017, 11:25 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Sorry...IIRC?
If I Recall Correctly ....... ??
Old 04-28-2017, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread is "Too Old"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.