Optical Illusion to the shop today. >

Optical Illusion to the shop today.

Notices

Optical Illusion to the shop today.

Old 02-24-2006, 07:27 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Optical Illusion to the shop today.

My nephew and I pulled the BT from KY to Nashville today for some cabin carpet work and to recover the back seat. First shop was ready and waiting for us. I had told them I needed at least a 12 x 12 door to get it into their shop. "No problem, our door on the highway is 12 x 12." Had the boat in to the back seat. Whoa, door was only 9' 6". Had to take it to anther shop I have used before. Should be ready to go to the engine/rigging shop in two weeks. I figure 2-4 weeks in the second shop and I will be ready to prop test. Can spring/summer be far behind. Joe Murray
Old 02-25-2006, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Optical Illusion to the shop today.

What's happening at the engine and rigging shop Joe? Adding to your horsepower? Ian
Old 02-27-2006, 09:25 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

New diesel gen and rigging, new sea strainers, sea water pumps, harmonic balancers, and a new laptop tune for the EFI with O2 sensors in all four CMI tail pipes. Maybe next year Whipple 5 Liter blowers.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:14 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

What kinda speeds are you seeing these days?
Old 03-06-2006, 06:08 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

77 with reworked 4 blades. I have a set of 5 blades I will test after the boat comes out of the rigging shop. Joe Murray
Old 03-08-2006, 08:10 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Upolstery shop says that the boat will be ready Friday or Saturday. Next stop is the engine/rigging shop.
Old 03-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the deal with these boats, seems like a lot of boat for the money but I really don't hear them being a big wave crusher !!??!!
Old 03-08-2006, 10:36 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

blanjac,

Anytime you'd like to run with us to Nassau or Grand Bahama in 7-9's you're welcome to join us. We'll let you define what wave crusher means after your experience Not that we particularly enjoy running in that stuff, we don't. But sometimes we have to. All of our boating is in the Atlantic Ocean, there are about 3 smooth days to every 8 not so smooth. Now after some 40 crossings, I am more confident of my 43' Black Thunder than ever.

Part of the reason you don't hear alot about these boats, is because they only build some 12 to 14 per year, since 1988. They only build a 43 GT which is a lower deck style with about 5' 8" of head room in the cabin, and a 46' hull with app. 6'10" of head room in the cabin (my 43' style was built from app. early 90's until about 2004 when replaced by the 46'). They don't build boats on spec, and when they get an order, they build with their own cash. They don't owe any money to anybody. The factory is in Hannibal MO which doesn't have the "sexy" build location as some of the larger builders. The land is affordable, wages are reasonable, and hard working people are plentiful. They've had the same owner and same GM since the get go.

If you ever find yourself at the Miami or Fort Lauderdale boat show, please let us know and we'll be happy to take you for a thorough demo ride.
By the way, that's a very attractive boat you've got.

Steve
Old 03-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SteveDavid
blanjac,

Anytime you'd like to run with us to Nassau or Grand Bahama in 7-9's you're welcome to join us. We'll let you define what wave crusher means after your experience Not that we particularly enjoy running in that stuff, we don't. But sometimes we have to. All of our boating is in the Atlantic Ocean, there are about 3 smooth days to every 8 not so smooth. Now after some 40 crossings, I am more confident of my 43' Black Thunder than ever.

Part of the reason you don't hear alot about these boats, is because they only build some 12 to 14 per year, since 1988. They only build a 43 GT which is a lower deck style with about 5' 8" of head room in the cabin, and a 46' hull with app. 6'10" of head room in the cabin (my 43' style was built from app. early 90's until about 2004 when replaced by the 46'). They don't build boats on spec, and when they get an order, they build with their own cash. They don't owe any money to anybody. The factory is in Hannibal MO which doesn't have the "sexy" build location as some of the larger builders. The land is affordable, wages are reasonable, and hard working people are plentiful. They've had the same owner and same GM since the get go.

If you ever find yourself at the Miami or Fort Lauderdale boat show, please let us know and we'll be happy to take you for a thorough demo ride.
By the way, that's a very attractive boat you've got.

Steve
Thank you on the boat compliment, a little 29' with twin 600's

I was in Miami a few weeks back, just had very little time to spare and am not currently in the market as my boat is a 2005. Just seems like this is a ton of boat for the money and would hope to hear more about them and their performance !!
Old 03-08-2006, 11:39 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

We have a flat deck 43' and can run 100mph during the shootout weekend going by the toll bridge. Ours really eats up the rough stuff.

Quick Reply: Optical Illusion to the shop today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.