Notices

Anything New?

Old 06-18-2006, 02:27 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Re: Anything New?

Originally Posted by THLWL
I am new! I am the orange Black Thunder that made my initial boat run from Miami to Key West in Nov. 2005. I am currently the only BT in Texas. Trying to change that though. Had a blast building the boat. The BT team is a great group of folks to work with. Getting great reviews on the boat in Texas.
What motors are in it? Any pics?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:04 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My gen set & new sea strainers are in and both motors are out for new pan gaskets, balancers, sea water pumps & some minor water plumbing changes. Should be finished in about 10 more days. Then the prop testing begins. Joe.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the BT that was tested in May,2006 by Powerboat magazine. It has twin 525's. Powerboat hit 72.6 mph due to water conditions. I have seen 75 mph per GPS twice. I'll try and attach some pics, but I did add my photo to the OSO photo section.
Attached Thumbnails Anything New?-bt1.jpg   Anything New?-bt2.jpg   Anything New?-bt3.jpg  

Old 06-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I am new! I am the orange Black Thunder that made my initial boat run from Miami to Key West in Nov. 2005. I am currently the only BT in Texas.
Did you drive it the rest of the way from Key West to Texas?

Congrats, great looking boat. Keep us informed on your future trips and opinions.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My boat was to be ready the first of Nov., 2005. BT called and said 10 BT's were going to races in Key West. They put in at Miami and then go to Key West and back - all organzied by BT. BT offered to deliver my boat to Miami and then after the races, deliver it to Houston. The entire BT folks are great. Getting to know all of them very well like a family. Much different than a mass production boat builder. I talk with them about once a week.
Old 06-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Registered

I have the BT that was tested in May,2006 by Powerboat magazine. It has twin 525's. Powerboat hit 72.6 mph due to water conditions. I have seen 75 mph per GPS twice. I'll try and attach some pics, but I did add my photo to the OSO photo section.
Man that is my ultimate boat. This past year at the St. Louis boat show we had some friends of ours with us that have never been in a BT well I talked to the Dennis Griffith at the show and he let us in there. It was amazing to see there reactions when they stepped below deck and see them stand up. He's 6 ft and I'm 6'4". They are "bad" now I just need to scrap another 180K to get the one at Shogren's.

Last edited by itilldo; 06-21-2006 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Registered

THLWL,
Welcome to the BT family. What you describe is business as usual for Bob, Dennis, and crew. Our ownership experience was outstanding in every way. Enjoy your great looking boat!!
Old 06-22-2006, 01:18 PM
Charter Member #37 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

You can not go wrong with Mr. Jenkins at the helm.

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc