Notices

Anything New?

Old 05-25-2006, 04:16 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Anything New?

Wondering what is happening with all of the Black Thunders out there? Fill us in.

Anyone new to the family?
I know Steve David sold his but do not know where it ended up.
F311FR1 finish it yet? New prop tests ?
PatriYacht get the new motors done?

Still working on the issues with ours. May only run the Scorpion this year, not sure yet.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anything New?

Mine went to Joe Mollazzo who lives in Boca Raton (winter) and Philadelphia in the summer. Nice guy, formerly owned a 42 Sonic. Tim Conklins went to a former Black Thunder owner in Maryland. Good luck on getting yours dialed in. When you're finally set, you're going to be happy, they build a great boat.

Steve
Old 05-25-2006, 09:04 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am still about 2-3 weeks from finished. My mechanic is also the crew chief for the Nashville Catz Nortec poker run boat and had to work through some issues until he could get to my boat. He has finally gotten to a point where he can start mine now. He should have started in earnest to day.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes the Horseplay boat is in Maryland. It is one bad boat. I have been out on it a few times so far. And the new owner is real happy with it.

Last edited by BobbyB; 05-26-2006 at 06:05 AM.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was sad to see Horsplay leave MI Our engines, and drives are in dozens of pieces between the basement and garage. We have been thinking about selling our home, which resulted in Ian working on house and yard projects that all have taken longer than planned Hopefully by Monday he will be able to start on the boat, and I think we will be in by the
tail end of June.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It is too bad to see any leave Michigan or the upper midwest, especially one as loaded up as HorsePlay.
I was glad to hear from Steve he would still be involved with Black Thunder demo's at the shows as long as possible. It does have to be a lot more fun than doing demo's on 55 SeaRay's.
If you would let Ian keep the pieces between the kitchen and living room instead of the basement and garage it would get done a lot faster!!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:13 PM
'05 Concept SF23
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Eddie has the new gen set in and it looks great. He plans to work on the engine stuff this Sat and Sun. He will be gone most of next week to Jacksonville PR with Nashville Catz boat and should finish up my boat when he gets back. I will be on vacation to Orange Beach the week of June 9-18 so water test when I get back and haul Optical Illusion to its slip @ Lake Cumberland. The bad news is I got a large fabrication order and will be working all of July.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Registered

Glad to hear that Jason is having fun. It sure is a great boat. While we were sad to see Horseplay leave, we're really pleased that she has a nice new home.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:51 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes he is having a blast with her. Tim it was nice to meet you. You really took care of her. I wish we could have done more boating while we were there.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I am new! I am the orange Black Thunder that made my initial boat run from Miami to Key West in Nov. 2005. I am currently the only BT in Texas. Trying to change that though. Had a blast building the boat. The BT team is a great group of folks to work with. Getting great reviews on the boat in Texas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.