Any New Boats for 2009

Notices

Any New Boats for 2009

Old 01-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiker
Going to BT on Saturday, wshat would any of you guys change on your boats if possible.
Spiker, Congrats on your new boat. I have looked at a lot of boats and have yet to find anything else I would choose. They have done a very good job in progressing the boat over the years to take care of customer input issues. However, there are just a couple of things I'll change next go round: 1. I would like the gen to be able to run while under mild speeds. Additionally, I would like the A/C to run also. I think this could be handled with moving the water pick ups to the rear of boat with thru transom type pick up. The step hull prevents them from running at even slow speed due to water aeration. 2. I would like my depth indicator to operate while running. Step hull here also affects this. But I think mounting the transducer right in the center of the hull might fix this. 3. We do some night running. The running lights are mounted at the helm. That leaves a lot of the front of the boat with no running lights. I would move them forward if it was me. Would also move the center mount anchor light to the rear of the boat. BTW, I love my bow thruster. Very helpful in windy conditions with tall boat. Also, the electric/hydraulic brakes on trailer are my preference over surge brakes. Love our boat, Tommy
Old 01-25-2009, 01:51 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by THLWL
Spiker, Congrats on your new boat. I have looked at a lot of boats and have yet to find anything else I would choose. They have done a very good job in progressing the boat over the years to take care of customer input issues. However, there are just a couple of things I'll change next go round: 1. I would like the gen to be able to run while under mild speeds. Additionally, I would like the A/C to run also. I think this could be handled with moving the water pick ups to the rear of boat with thru transom type pick up. The step hull prevents them from running at even slow speed due to water aeration. 2. I would like my depth indicator to operate while running. Step hull here also affects this. But I think mounting the transducer right in the center of the hull might fix this. 3. We do some night running. The running lights are mounted at the helm. That leaves a lot of the front of the boat with no running lights. I would move them forward if it was me. Would also move the center mount anchor light to the rear of the boat. BTW, I love my bow thruster. Very helpful in windy conditions with tall boat. Also, the electric/hydraulic brakes on trailer are my preference over surge brakes. Love our boat, Tommy
We tried putting our depth finder pickup in several different areas, and it didn't pick up past 10mph in any spots. just fyi to save you some time down the road. Maybe a different brand would be in order... Who knows, I'm no depth finder expert though. Maybe someone will chime in.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe a genny exchanger flushout fitting beside the engne flushouts on the swim platform. My genny water pickup on bottom is always on the trailer bunk. Maybe move the pickup on the build. Also more bunks on trailer for support and help with lining boat up on trailer. Its a pain on the steeper ramps around here.
Bobby

Last edited by BDARCHER; 01-26-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 11:11 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Spiker
Going to BT on Saturday, wshat would any of you guys change on your boats if possible.
Hey Mike, how was the trip down?
Old 01-27-2009, 06:25 AM
Registered

Greay suggestions. I'm sure if you spoke to Bob he would do everything in his power to get it done. Great guy! Always looking to improve his boats and listens to the clients (Black Thunder family)
Old 01-27-2009, 11:32 AM

Sorry for the delay in responding, with the cold weather we have been busy.

The trip went well, we talked and went over a lot of information, looked through a few boats that they were upgrading, a hull in its infancy, and a deck just out of the mold. Bob and Roger are a good team and very knowledgable about what they can or cannot do. So far ieverything we have talked about and asked about changing has been answered either that day or the next. Usually he is waiting on me for the information he needs to research.

We are asking to do a few things they have not done in the past and in regards to the engine compartment and we are working through them as we speak.

When we have a final plan of attack I will lay it out for you.

The engines are not done yet as we are waiting on innercoolers, and a few odds and ends, should be ready to dyno by the end of February.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:33 AM

How do you attach pictures?
Old 01-27-2009, 11:40 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

when you reply to a thread, click on go advanced, then click manage attatchments, then browse your comp and choose which ones to post!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:34 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I'm going to second the bow thruster recommendation. I find myself wishing for it on my Sonic, I would have to have it on a BT. The 46EC is the only other boat I am interested in.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by saxman
We tried putting our depth finder pickup in several different areas, and it didn't pick up past 10mph in any spots. just fyi to save you some time down the road. Maybe a different brand would be in order... Who knows, I'm no depth finder expert though. Maybe someone will chime in.
Question: when you moved the transducer, were those thru hull applictions??

Divenstar

Last edited by divenstar; 02-18-2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Any New Boats for 2009

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.