Any New Boats for 2009 >

Any New Boats for 2009

Notices

Any New Boats for 2009

Old 05-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saxman's boat runs very good. It might have the older hull design but it is also the lower deck. Spiker's will run good but will push a lot of wind with the taller deck. Will take some drive adjustment with spacers and props for a while I bet. Keep it safe Spiker with the taller steps until you figure it all out. Tommy
Old 05-28-2009, 10:11 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by THLWL
Saxman's boat runs very good. It might have the older hull design but it is also the lower deck. Spiker's will run good but will push a lot of wind with the taller deck. Will take some drive adjustment with spacers and props for a while I bet. Keep it safe Spiker with the taller steps until you figure it all out. Tommy
Our boat is an older hull, but there have been many changes to it, mostly adding stern lift.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:27 AM

Made the trip down with one of the motors to mock it up and see what needed changed, went well, we have a few small modifications to our equipment and we are good to go.

Thay have made great strides. One of the the things we asked for and they did was to move the engine buklhead wall forward 7 inches to accomodate what we wanted to do in the engine compartment. They did so and you cannot see any of the required modifications they had to do.

As well we have made alterations to placement of items for a cleaner look and or ease of working on those items.

Had a great day and are closer to the end.

Cannot post pictures, my subscription must have ran out??
Old 06-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Registered

James, I have been reading some of the posts, and it sounds like you have been around here a while. I am currently looking at a 43 SC at Shogren and by the pics and what info they have given me the boat looks good for the money. However, I believe the previous owner over powered the drives, put on BMax and then reduced the boost to 5 psi on the prochargers with 500 EFI's. My question was, do you know this boat? The only thing they haven't given me an answer too is who refreshed the engines. If you have any knowledge of that boat or previous owner, it would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 06-08-2009, 11:28 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 312fastech
James, I have been reading some of the posts, and it sounds like you have been around here a while. I am currently looking at a 43 SC at Shogren and by the pics and what info they have given me the boat looks good for the money. However, I believe the previous owner over powered the drives, put on BMax and then reduced the boost to 5 psi on the prochargers with 500 EFI's. My question was, do you know this boat? The only thing they haven't given me an answer too is who refreshed the engines. If you have any knowledge of that boat or previous owner, it would be appreciated. Thanks
Call BT, they might be able to give you info as far as previous owners.

-Jason
Old 06-08-2009, 11:36 PM
Registered

I have tried to call them a couple of times getting their answering machine, but I will try again. Also, this boat had sportmasters on the bottom of the BMax's, do you know anyone that has done that with that boat? Thanks

Last edited by 312fastech; 06-08-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:00 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 312fastech
I have tried to call them a couple of times getting their answering machine, but I will try again. Also, this boat had sportmasters on the bottom of the BMax's, do you know anyone that has done that with that boat? Thanks
I know there have been a couple BT's that have Bmax's with good luck, but I'm not sure if they had sportmaster lowers. You can always put spacers in.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Registered

Sax, what kind of power and drives are you running? I'm a little worried about the weight and reliability of the engine/drivetrain.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

That's a lot of boat for that kind of money. However, I would question pic on their website of their drive oil bottles. One empty and the other looks like water in the oil. So, could be issues. You'll want a survey for sure. But still a lot of boat for the money. Sax's boat is in a different league than most! Big power, drives, expense, etc. LOL
Old 06-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by THLWL
That's a lot of boat for that kind of money. However, I would question pic on their website of their drive oil bottles. One empty and the other looks like water in the oil. So, could be issues. You'll want a survey for sure. But still a lot of boat for the money. Sax's boat is in a different league than most! Big power, drives, expense, etc. LOL
As far as I know, that boat has been beat on pretty hard. He had several BMAX failures himself. Dont know who built the engines. The drives are the reason that boat was traded in. I know that for a fact! He now has a 48 fountain EC

Quick Reply: Any New Boats for 2009

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.