Any New Boats for 2009

Notices

Any New Boats for 2009

Old 06-09-2009, 02:44 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 312fastech
Sax, what kind of power and drives are you running? I'm a little worried about the weight and reliability of the engine/drivetrain.
1200+hp and #6 drives

As far as Bmaxes go, there is a 460 out there with 700-800hp and has had very little problems from what I know. His name is Tony Champion http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...-bt-owner.html
Old 06-09-2009, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by saxman
1200+hp and #6 drives

As far as Bmaxes go, there is a 460 out there with 700-800hp and has had very little problems from what I know. His name is Tony Champion http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...-bt-owner.html
Saxman, who was building his drives for him? Was it dean or Ron at JR Marine. Ron did my boats drives before I bought it with great success. Just normal maintainace, now, it seems that having Dean do them, I cant keep them together. I have been speaking to Waconda and he has solved his lower problems for the most part by using standard XR housings on bottom with Bmax uppers. I have been getting failures on both and am sending my drives to Ron since he knows the boat better and will actually return phone calls.Whats your opinion?
Old 06-09-2009, 04:46 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Saxman, who was building his drives for him? Was it dean or Ron at JR Marine. Ron did my boats drives before I bought it with great success. Just normal maintainace, now, it seems that having Dean do them, I cant keep them together. I have been speaking to Waconda and he has solved his lower problems for the most part by using standard XR housings on bottom with Bmax uppers. I have been getting failures on both and am sending my drives to Ron since he knows the boat better and will actually return phone calls.Whats your opinion?
Not to sure on alot of the bravo style drives, but I do know that when a Bmax is setup correctly and all of the bugs are worked out, they can usually take quite a bit of power and pounding (don't try surfacing them though like on cats).
Old 06-09-2009, 04:53 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 312fastech
Sax, what kind of power and drives are you running? I'm a little worried about the weight and reliability of the engine/drivetrain.
There is a guy on this site, Joe Murray, who has a 1997 43 tall deck with 735hp Eddie Young power and #5 drives. It's got 5 blade mercs worked by Bblades and runs 80mph. Sadly (for him), he is now down to asking 90k for it..... If I were in the market for a boat like this, I would jump all over Joe's boat.

Just get his boat, save money, forget about motors issues and drive issues, and have trouble free boating

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...read.php?t=631
Old 06-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by saxman
There is a guy on this site, Joe Murray, who has a 1997 43 tall deck with 735hp Eddie Young power and #5 drives. It's got 5 blade mercs worked by Bblades and runs 80mph. Sadly (for him), he is now down to asking 90k for it..... If I were in the market for a boat like this, I would jump all over Joe's boat.

Just get his boat, save money, forget about motors issues and drive issues, and have trouble free boating

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...read.php?t=631
I agree, forget the BMAXs, XRs, etc. Get something with SSM drives and good power and have some fun. Maybe someday i can have a BT with SSMs...........
Old 06-19-2009, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Not rebuilt, they were new ZZ502 crate motors

The engines are not refreshended. They were purchased as new ZZ502 create motors and dyno'd at 725HP. David Wade Marine always serviced and installed the motors. They have about 100 hours on them now without a problem.

Regards,

Team Shogren

www.teamshogren.com

Originally Posted by wet_rat
Scott Shogren told me David Wade Marine did "ALL" the work and maintenace on that ride.
Old 06-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Drives were rebulit two summes ago, we pulled one drive to repalce upper seal kit becasue fo slight leak. Port drive fine.

Originally Posted by wet_rat
any update on the drives?
Old 11-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saxman,
I went and looked at Joe Murray's 43 BT, and it was as nice as he said it was. Therefore I HAD to buy it !!!!!! All the final arrangements will be completed tomorrow. Finally I am a VERY PROUD owner of a BT.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:29 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Nevr2nd
Saxman,
I went and looked at Joe Murray's 43 BT, and it was as nice as he said it was. Therefore I HAD to buy it !!!!!! All the final arrangements will be completed tomorrow. Finally I am a VERY PROUD owner of a BT.
Glad you got it!
Old 11-11-2009, 03:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nevr2nd
Saxman,
Congrats

Quick Reply: Any New Boats for 2009

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.