Anyone know this Black Thunder? Saw it at loto this weekend >

Anyone know this Black Thunder? Saw it at loto this weekend

Notices

Anyone know this Black Thunder? Saw it at loto this weekend

Old 10-26-2010, 12:30 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THLWL
A little more info on the boat: A guy had BT custom build and paint this boat. After completion, he never showed with the money to get the boat. Soon after, BT started requiring build progress payment plans. It was the test drive boat for the Miami show in 2005 with Hydroplane champion Steve David performing the test drives. Attached is the test drive pic. This boat cost me $375K cause after the test drive, I had to have one!!!!!
The fact that Steve David owns one should be enough persuasion for anyone considering one. I notice he's not mentioned on the website. I think he should be(with permission of course).

I also think they should offer a 50 so triples could be installed and still have the extended cockpit.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I loved my Black Thunder, It is too bad they have only built very few boats in the past few years
The boat needs an update and a lot more thought to compete in the year 2011
I used to own a BT (new 1999 delivered end of summer 1998) and I sold BT's for a few years for the factory
Unfortunately the worst thing they ever did was to let Terry Sobo go to Nor Tech (Was one of the best things for Nor Tech)
There is no leadership and no forward thought process at BT any more. The styling has not been updated in many years and management does not have the ability to look outside the box
Do not get me wrong I love the boats but resting your entire business on two boat styles is not a good idea. We tried for years to get BT to redesign the 32 and put it out as a somewhat entry level boat and could not convince them to do it (sadly that time has probably passed now) Black Thunder had separated itself from the Miami to Key west Poker run many years ago and did their own run on that same week. I think that was the beginning of the end of their ability to market their boats. Segregating yourself from your largest potential customer base is just plain stupid. And having the ownership of BT make comment to me while standing on the docks in a negative fashion as they watched other boat manufactures taking out potential customers at 8 AM. He was making a derogatory remark about how early and stupid it was to see competitors doing demos at 8 am. This showed me how they did not understand the marketing process of the product.
I would love to see BT come back, it has a great nitch in the market place but they have to change their entire program in order to ever really see the light of day in the industry. In a time when sales are difficult and innovation and customer service is the only way to get the attention of a buyer for hundreds of thousands of dollars. BT is sadly lacking
This is a video I have posted before with some pictures and video of my past boats.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSCquwf3SeY[/youtube]
Starting at 2:25 is my BT pictures at the shop, then painted, then running Miami to Key West in 1998. Man i loved that boat!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
I loved my Black Thunder, It is too bad they have only built very few boats in the past few years
The boat needs an update and a lot more thought to compete in the year 2011
I used to own a BT (new 1999 delivered end of summer 1998) and I sold BT's for a few years for the factory
Unfortunately the worst thing they ever did was to let Terry Sobo go to Nor Tech (Was one of the best things for Nor Tech)
There is no leadership and no forward thought process at BT any more. The styling has not been updated in many years and management does not have the ability to look outside the box
Do not get me wrong I love the boats but resting your entire business on two boat styles is not a good idea. We tried for years to get BT to redesign the 32 and put it out as a somewhat entry level boat and could not convince them to do it (sadly that time has probably passed now) Black Thunder had separated itself from the Miami to Key west Poker run many years ago and did their own run on that same week. I think that was the beginning of the end of their ability to market their boats. Segregating yourself from your largest potential customer base is just plain stupid. And having the ownership of BT make comment to me while standing on the docks in a negative fashion as they watched other boat manufactures taking out potential customers at 8 AM. He was making a derogatory remark about how early and stupid it was to see competitors doing demos at 8 am. This showed me how they did not understand the marketing process of the product.
I would love to see BT come back, it has a great nitch in the market place but they have to change their entire program in order to ever really see the light of day in the industry. In a time when sales are difficult and innovation and customer service is the only way to get the attention of a buyer for hundreds of thousands of dollars. BT is sadly lacking
This is a video I have posted before with some pictures and video of my past boats.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSCquwf3SeY
Starting at 2:25 is my BT pictures at the shop, then painted, then running Miami to Key West in 1998. Man i loved that boat!!!
EXCELLENT VIDEO!!!!

Question...Where there any BT features that you were most in love with???

Divenstar
Old 10-28-2010, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
How about Arneson 6s? Or 7s...
For once I will agree with Cat

I spoke to Rik about my 43 a couple yeears ago and if you fill in the notch, it will work fine.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

guessing there has never been a surfae drive BT then??? what did Turbonator have for drives???
Old 10-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Registered

Bob told me he wanted to try surface drives but found no one that wanted them on a BT.

On a side note, do you know how hard it is to try and word all your sentences correctly so the "Saxman" dowesnt swoop in and change all your stuff. Just a random thought.

Let the games begin "chain theory"
Old 10-28-2010, 05:43 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
guessing there has never been a surfae drive BT then??? what did Turbonator have for drives???
Turbinator had "stinger" drives from MTT. They were a trimmable and steerable shaft drive if my memory is correct.......
Old 10-28-2010, 05:45 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by endeavor1
Bob told me he wanted to try surface drives but found no one that wanted them on a BT.

On a side note, I put distributors in backwards.

Let the games begin "chain theory"
Old 10-28-2010, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
mike in chicago is getting some this winter
Old 10-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by saxman
I like to wear little shorty shorts and play house
nice

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.