Help with older XL 320

Notices

Help with older XL 320

Old 03-18-2011, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=endeavor1;3352753]Lmao.

What year did u start there terry?[/QUOTE
I bought the blue 32 at the STL boat show in '91. I liked it because it had more cockpit seating than the typical offshores of the day.

I started helping out at boat shows that spring. One thing led to another and it was a full time gig about a year later.
Stayed until '99 when I joined Nor-Tech.

We had a lot of fun with the blue boat. That first summer we ran it from STL up the Ill river to Chicago and back.

Interesting how things turn out. We came very close to buying a 32 Chapparel express cruiser instead of the BT.
I wonder where I would be today had we done that?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:41 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by salesmanship
Interesting how things turn out. We came very close to buying a 32 Chapparel express cruiser instead of the BT.
Good thing you didn't listen to the wife!
Old 03-18-2011, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
I bought the blue 32 at the STL boat show in '91. I liked it because it had more cockpit seating than the typical offshores of the day.

I started helping out at boat shows that spring. One thing led to another and it was a full time gig about a year later.
Stayed until '99 when I joined Nor-Tech.

We had a lot of fun with the blue boat. That first summer we ran it from STL up the Ill river to Chicago and back.

Good history lesson Terry. Thanks for not buying that Chapparel though

FYI, a 43 vbottom is on my short list of boats to own in the next couple years.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've owned a 32 for three seasons now and it's been a great boat. I run in the great lakes and the water has to get big to shut me down. Three footers are no problem.

The top speed with those engine will be comfortably in the 60's but I doubt you'll ever see 70 on a gps. I have 502's and can get north of 70 in only the best possible conditions....that being a one foot chop in cooler air. I run 26 four blades. With three blade props you likely can get north of 70 but you'll tend to over spin out of the hole. I can get 69 with a full tank and six people no problem...and did I mention all six can sit down comfortably? The cockpit is not traditional and traditionalists don't seem to care for that but if you like to bring along friends when you're boating this cockpit is prefect for that.

Take the chance...you'll enjoy the boat...so long as the engines aren't too tired....
Old 03-25-2011, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruz-N-Thunder
I fully understand what you mean. It's funny when you boat how many memories can be tied to it. This was where it started for me too. Didn't know a thing when I bought it but got really lucky. It has been a blast and hate to see it go but the guy buying it seems to be as stoked as I was when I got it so it looks like it will have a good home.
he is, they got home early today can't wait to go see it
Old 03-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 88242LS
he is, they got home early today can't wait to go see it
Yes, he texted me. The two of them had to be wiped out. Buffalo, NY to Jeff City, MO and back is a hell of a run. Hope they keep me update with it.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruz-N-Thunder
Yes, he texted me. The two of them had to be wiped out. Buffalo, NY to Jeff City, MO and back is a hell of a run. Hope they keep me update with it.
LOL hell yea that's a run especially in 2 1/2 days, they didn't have any issues that I know of, will see them tomorrow at a party, stopped bye after work just to peek that's a big azz boat
Old 09-28-2014, 10:04 PM
Registered

Who makes the Black Thunder XL 320 Limited Edition? There is one sitting with broken blocks at a marina near me and I cant get an answer on the owners phone. I was told its a 31 Scarab but the boat doesn't say Well-craft or Scarab anywhere on it. it is identicle looking to the Blue boat you have the photo of. Thank you in advance.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Black Thunder
Old 09-29-2014, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Chip1964
Who makes the Black Thunder XL 320 Limited Edition? There is one sitting with broken blocks at a marina near me and I cant get an answer on the owners phone. I was told its a 31 Scarab but the boat doesn't say Well-craft or Scarab anywhere on it. it is identicle looking to the Blue boat you have the photo of. Thank you in advance.

Really?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.