Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which one did you buy???
Old 05-06-2003, 10:12 PM
Charter Member #1093
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ms PatriYacht,

Welcome to the Black Thunder Family. There are a number of MI based Black Thunders. Horseplay, one of the newest 46's is based out of Bloomfield Hills.

Call Tom Rieck at the Black Thunder factory and he can give you names and #s of others.

Have a ball with your Black Thunder, we've had ours almost 4 years now and have truly enjoyed her. If I can ever help you with anything on your boat, feel free to call or e mail.

Steve
Old 05-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Registered

Here's the scoop on the "New Boat": It is a 94 43 SC with slightly beefed up 450's, we hear the top speed is in low 70's. My husband and I compromised and went for the "Mondo Condo".
The previous owner John, was a part time rep for BT in the Great Lakes area. The boat was kept on a hoist in Muskegon and is immaculate inside and out, to an uneducated eye it looks almost new. It's red, white, and blue with stars on the top of the bow. Very timely to be PatriYachtic!!
I had a nice email from the owner of Horseplay, maybe one day we will take a run with them, or should I say follow their wake.
Do you guys know Don, AKA Junior ( boat name Jump Start) he's a long time BT owner and I know he spends a lot of time in FL in the winter. We used to boat with him but lost touch, the last time we saw him was about 4 years ago, he launched his 43 on this small lake we live on. By the time he got on plane he was at the end of the lake. He made quite a scene, and a lot of noise. After 4 years the homeowners still talk about it, so we can't wait to see their faces when we pull up in our driveway with our 43, although I doubt we will be pulling a Jr. My husband and I have been landlocked all winter, not like you southern boys, so we are itching to get out, I'll send a post to let you know how our first ride went, keep your fingers crossed that she runs well. Later.............
Old 03-20-2005, 09:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts
Default Re: MI Black Thunders

There has been a nice one on burt lake for 4 years now,ive talked to the guy several times,i think he's a excavator from waterford. Boat has 850 sc's,owner claims 88 mph,Smitty
Old 03-31-2005, 10:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
There has been a nice one on burt lake for 4 years now,ive talked to the guy several times,i think he's a excavator from waterford. Boat has 850 sc's,owner claims 88 mph,Smitty
Interesting I don't know much about Burt Lake, but I can't believe it would be a fun place for an 88 mph 43'-46' boat.

We live Waterford, do you know the name of the boat, the model or the owners name? you have my curiosity peaked
Old 03-31-2005, 06:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have my wife looking for a pic,i know the boat is a tall deck 43 ft,has gmc emblems on it near engine vents. The owner is a short guy in his mid 50's,keeps the boat on indian river all summer across from the marina (between burt and mullet lk). The boat has reworked merc 800sc's and barely idles in gear. The boat is kept up in that area in winter too,if i can find a pic i'll post it,we have taken several over several years,just can't find them right now,Smitty
Old 04-01-2005, 11:58 AM
Registered

Thank's how big is that lake, I am not familiar with it.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm surprised you haven't heard of burt lake/mullet lake/indian river,burt lake is about 10 miles long,its connected to mullet lake (which is about 16 miles long) by the indian river. You can also go north on mullet lk to the cheboygan river,thru the locks and out into lk huron to mackinaw island or wherever. I have seen 46 ft sea ray cruisers on mullet before and 42 ft baja's etc. This guy with the black thunder told me he used to go out to mackinaw island from burt lk thru the intercoastal water way but he had a place in fla freshen his motors a few years ago and they talked him into some big womping cams and his boat won't idle thru the 2 hours of no wake zone without loading up the plugs and stalling 500 times. If i don't find the pics of that boat,i will stop and talk to him this summer when we go up there boating and take a couple for you and get some more detailed info,Smitty
Old 04-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Registered

I heard of the lakes just did not know much about them. I am still trying to understand this, are you saying that you can get to lake Huron from Burt or Mullet but it takes a two hour no wake ride to get there? Is that what you are refering to as the intercoastal waterway. We haven't boated on the MI side of Lake Huron so I am not familiar with that area. It sounds like a great boat but if it takes two hours to get to lake Huron and the other lakes are not that big I still can't understand why he would want to boat there. I am really curious who he is since we live in Waterford and know a lot of excavators. I think I will PM Terry from Boatme, he did some sales for BT and owned one.

Do you guys have a place up there? I bet it is real pretty. Will you be in GH for SOTW Donna

Quick Reply: MI Black Thunders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.