boat rolled biscayne bay

Notices

boat rolled biscayne bay

Old 07-18-2007, 06:51 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bcschoe
I really wish more boat operators would recognize the risk and get onboard before our insurance gets even higher.
Brad, you are SO right!!
Too bad that most folks around here totally dismiss their poor judgement. I hope realization sets in. . . .or we ALL will be w/o insurance some day.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 07-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAP071
I see a Stepped hull + booze = idiot behind wheel
Well I see: Any hull + booze + idiot behind wheel is = to or > than some unwanted TV time for them or worse, their relatives.

Divided by the Root Mean Square Law of Legality........meaning for being twice as dumb.......it will cost you 4 times as much........

Then again, I could be wrong.........I'm doing math before 8am...
Old 07-18-2007, 07:49 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Glad no one got hurt.

Even if the guy that was driving is a jackazz.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bcschoe
I am very glad to hear everyone is Okay.

I have much more to say but, temper my remarks by only saying there is much more to this.

I really wish more boat operators would recognize the risk and get onboard before our insurance gets even higher.

Is anyone keeping score? How many accidents so far this year?

I will say it for you Brad... These Fukin idiots just go buy a boat with no experiance and no clue as to what can happen, and it really pisses me off when I hear there are kids on board, and other boaters around. I have no first hand knowledge as to what happened, but it was no mechanical error, or "those damn stepped hull" boats are unstable. We all know this guy turned high speed, maybe with tabs down, but more importantly has no experiance to react or know when the boat is in trouble.

"TAKE THE TRES MARTIN PERFROMANCE SCHOOL!!!"

I learned so much from the school, and how the boat reacts ... and most important WHY the boat reacts as it does . I am by far no expert and certainly dont drive the boat beyond my means even with the school, but there are alot of people who have years and years of high performance boating experiance that would be in the same position as this idiot. With out the knowledge.. experiance means nothing.

P.S. If a drive fell off in the middle of his turn .. I apologize for my above statement !
Old 07-18-2007, 08:00 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

The only thing that I have to add to this thread is.............check out the third line in my signature.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In addition to the owner stating he was only going 50mph and it "just flipped" this morning they had a longer interview and he also mentioned he was turning the boat. If the number of people thrown out (6) is correct what were 6 people doing in a Gladiator anyway?

Last edited by Chest Rockwell; 07-18-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Registered

Does anyone else think the reason for running to dinner was to cover up being under the influence? Seem to me if he got to the bar, ordered a few cold ones the cops would have a harder time proving he was intoxicated at the time of the incident. Although fleeing the scene probably isn't cheap either!
Old 07-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is NO way that is a 16foot. 45-50 my ass, they had to be doing at least 60+. I would have to say this is a driver error for sure.

Old 07-18-2007, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Does anyone else think the reason for running to dinner was to cover up being under the influence? Seem to me if he got to the bar, ordered a few cold ones the cops would have a harder time proving he was intoxicated at the time of the incident. Although fleeing the scene probably isn't cheap either!
I thought the same thing. A news reporter did something similar a few years back at a Dolphin game after hitting a pedestrian with his car. Went home to get some paperwork and had a couple of drinks while he was there and had someone else drive him back to the scene.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
The only thing that I have to add to this thread is.............check out the third line in my signature.
RAP-ON CRAIG............

Quick Reply: boat rolled biscayne bay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.