30' Fountain involved in fatality wanted in LHC >

30' Fountain involved in fatality wanted in LHC

Notices

30' Fountain involved in fatality wanted in LHC

Old 08-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CCstinger260
A 30' Fountain/Formula type is not that big of a boat. You would know if you hit something relatively small, much less the size of a jet ski. The only way he wouldn't know he hit the jet ski is if he wasn't paying any attention to what the heII he was doing. In any case once you heard/felt the impact I think anyone who gave a crap about their boat would stop and assess the damage, unless of course you had something to hide.

While I agree that alot of jet skiers can be nuisances, and alot of them seem to be kamikazis who have no regard for their lives or those of their passengers, or anyone swimming in the water, etc, by all accounts that is not the case with this incident.

Bottom line is the scumbag probably figures he's going to get away with it.

PS-Just for the record, I'm not a 'ski hater by any means. Matter of fact I like riding as much as the next guy and have done so on many occasions. I've just seen too many times where normally sensible people climb on these things and leave their brains at the dock when they hit the start button.
My post was intended to make people stop and think. In reality you would feel a 2x4 if you hit it.

The story is posted on forums, but not really anywhere else that I've seen. How about news sites? I was able to google seemingly every other boating accident in the country that involved a death except for this one. It seems if you didn't check OSO/Hotboat/Donzi.net you would have about a .0005 % chance of knowing about this accident at all...

Something just seems off to me... maybe the driver of the boat was a cop, and it's getting swept under the carpet. Maybe something else happened that we aren't being told about, or maybe it is all legit and there is nothing to hide but the press is just doing that bad of a job reporting.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The authorities should be checking every Fountain Registered in AZ, there really can't be that many, then go through the sizes and narrow it down, the boat is either a 27 or 29, after that check the other surrounding states..CA, NV. they have ways of checking who these boats are registered to and then see where the people live, I am sure this is what is taking place in their investigation.

Lets hope this guy is caught soon.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
My post was intended to make people stop and think. In reality you would feel a 2x4 if you hit it.
Point taken.

It's frustrating that so many of those that are involved in boating accidents are hit and runs. The bums that don't take responsibilty for their actions give all of us a bad name.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Registered

Needles is handling the case (SBERN Sheriffs Dept) contact at 760.326.9200 Deputy Travis Vessal.
I just called with info regarding the Fountain dealer in Prescott who may be able to help identify the boat ( if he sold it) My buddy Ben at Outdoor Sports.
I have a sickening feeling that somebody knows something and doesn't want to roll over on a friend, I wouldn't want to do it to a pal but whoever did this has to sack up and take what's coming to them.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 96scarab
I wonder why nobody chased the fountain. Sounds like more than one person witnessed it.
????
Old 08-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 96scarab
????
I have talked to many people including the ex-wife/mother of the boy. My info is accurate, however some details may be missing.

There were a couple of pontoon boats and really only 1 other performance boat. That was a 27' Hallett. The owner of the Hallett jumped in the water and held the guy's head above water. The off duty paramedic, who had a smaller performance boat, rendered aid to the man as well. No other boats were there.

It was on a weekday and there is very little traffic on the river. Not like the weekends for sure.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
To play devils advocate, the guy really may not even know he hit someone... and not everyone reads the paper, is online, etc. to find all this stuff out.

A older stand up jet ski would probably be a speed bump to a 30 footer... Even if he noticed damage to the boat at the ramp, he may not have thought much of it other than hitting something... which could be anything.

On the other side of this, the guy could be a jet ski hater, put fountain logos on another kind of boat, ran over the jet skiier, ripped of the logos and went about his day...

The bottom line is, we really have no idea what we're dealing with, there are all kinds of perfectly innocent people that do stuff without knowing it, and real big whackos too
From what I understand from a witness and was also told by the victims ex-wife, child's mother...

The guy actually turned his head and looked and then hit the throttles to accelerate.

He had something to hide.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Picster
Several years ago (maybe 8+/-) Formula offered a paint scheme with the word Formula spelled out largely on its side. I was wondering if maybe in all the excitement, the witness saw the first few letters and figured it said Fountain when it may have said Formula. From a distance of 200+/- yards, the casual observer may not tell a difference. Maybe an investigator should get paint drawings from the manufactures and double check with any witnesses.

p.s. I'm not a Fountain owner. I used to own a Formula. I just hope they catch this guy.
Hmmmmmm...first post...........Where are you from?
Old 08-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Registered

This scumbag is possibly a cop/sheriff or someone with influence over law enforcement, perhaps even a politician!
I would imagine if a good size reward was offered, his identity would not be secret for long.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Registered

Question

Originally Posted by Picster
Several years ago (maybe 8+/-) Formula offered a paint scheme with the word Formula spelled out largely on its side. I was wondering if maybe in all the excitement, the witness saw the first few letters and figured it said Fountain when it may have said Formula. From a distance of 200+/- yards, the casual observer may not tell a difference. Maybe an investigator should get paint drawings from the manufactures and double check with any witnesses.

p.s. I'm not a Fountain owner. I used to own a Formula. I just hope they catch this guy.
I agree with couple other observant OSO'rs, this is indeed an interesting 1st post. Why would you come here on your very 1st post with an agenda of deflecting attention away from eye-witnessed accounts RE: the name seen on the side of this murder-&-run A-Holes boat? Seems very odd to me.

Quick Reply: 30' Fountain involved in fatality wanted in LHC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.