Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Boating Safety
'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed >

'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Notices

'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Old 06-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

wow glad no one was seriously injured. its just another reminder guys and gals. Hook those lanyards up. The life you save may be your own.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:32 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that was a very nice gun, too bad.. gald everyone is ok.....
Old 06-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That makes two Cigs that have fallen to the Tickfaw trees.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:54 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Attached Thumbnails '04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed-picture-107.jpg  
Old 06-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by racer-x6
That was another neighbor of mine's boat and another nice one to boot. He had just sold it prior to last years Tickfaw 200.

I saw pictures of the current wreck this morning and they weren't exaggerating about it being 300+ feet into the woods. The pictures were taken from the edge of the trees and if you didn't know there was a boat back there, you would never see it.

Maybe I need to demagnetize the nose of mine to keep it from pulling towards the trees!!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:27 PM
Registered

Even though it's not mine, it still pi$$e$ me off to see that!
Old 06-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Registered

Croozin,
Left early sun afternoon so I did not know until reading this. We know who you are talking about and so glad no one was seriously hurt. Did anyone witness the accident? I also heard that Teddy had a mishap at the mouth of river a few weeks ago. River is indeed getting lot more tighter with all the "bass pro boats".
Lea working the firemans @ sun buns and none of my crew could make the run so I beleave I am bumming ride with Hackley on "seas the day". You going? Come see us at the capt's party at Lizzies fri nite. Be cool and BE SAFE.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn! Glad everyone was Ok!
Old 06-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by team Tickfaw
Croozin,
Left early sun afternoon so I did not know until reading this. We know who you are talking about and so glad no one was seriously hurt. Did anyone witness the accident? I also heard that Teddy had a mishap at the mouth of river a few weeks ago. River is indeed getting lot more tighter with all the "bass pro boats".
Lea working the firemans @ sun buns and none of my crew could make the run so I beleave I am bumming ride with Hackley on "seas the day". You going? Come see us at the capt's party at Lizzies fri nite. Be cool and BE SAFE.
Kenny, seems like every weekend you're off work, I'm out of town. We had already planned to go to Destin this weekend to visit with some friends. FPC has a poker run going there as well so we are going to do some sightseeing Saturday. Y'all enjoy and BE CAREFUL DAMMIT! You gonna be off work for Royal Purple?

As far as the accident goes, a fisherman was running a trout line that night and saw the accident and called 911. He said the boat was traveling "very fast" and it seemed to "skid out" in the turn (read: turned a TS boat too hard with the bow down). Everything happened in the pitch black of night so who really knows what happened. But, all in all, like you said at least no one was seriously injured. Could have been MUCH worse.

Edited: here are two pics taken from someone who waded up into the woods with hip boots on. First pic is of the 24" diameter tree that was clipped off.

Cruel Irony - boat is named "Hard Hitter"
Attached Thumbnails '04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed-wrecked_cig_004%5B1%5D-small-.jpg   '04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed-wrecked_cig_040%5B1%5D-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Croozin2; 06-11-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:42 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That boat will be on Ebay by 4th of July fully repaired and no mention of the mishap

Quick Reply: '04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.