'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed >

'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Notices

'04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Old 06-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default '04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Little details at this time but the boat went into the woods sometime Sunday night on the Tickfaw River, about 1/2 mile below our place. No pictures of the site of the crash but boat is over 300 feet into the woods, yet captain stated they were running 40mph. Debating lifting the remains of the boat out of the woods by helo.

Fisherman that reported the accident said they were running "very fast" and the boat "skidded out" in the turn. Everyone was tossed from the boat prior to it turning into the woods.

Thank God no one was seriously injured. Bumps and bruises and that's about it. Had this taken place during the day, that portion of the river would have surely been very crowded with anything from wake boarders to party barges. Damn shame and of course, with the boat traveling that far into the woods, there were surely no lanyards on.
Attached Thumbnails '04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed-scottymacgun1.jpg  
Old 06-10-2008, 03:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

300 feet? I'd love to read the accident reconstruction report when it's done. To get that far, you'd have to travel a substantial amount of it airborne.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
300 feet? I'd love to read the accident reconstruction report when it's done. To get that far, you'd have to travel a substantial amount of it airborne.

Agreed! We know a few of the local Wildlife and Fisheries agents and I'm sure there will be some interesting facts come to light as this investigation goes on. My neighbor passed the site 2 or 3 times without even seeing the boat!! The boat clipped a pretty large tree off at the base as it entered the woods so there was some pretty good velocity there. Keep in mind when I say woods, this entire area is somewhat of a swamp so there is some water for the props to continue churning. I bet the boat looked like a pinball up in there though.

There is a 3' X 4' section of the hull side that was pulled from the water leaning against this guys river house. Sad to see.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Watched a program on TV that had the Tickfaw/Diversion Canal/Marepas featured from the perspective of the La DWF officers. The Tickfaw is not a very forgiving river when going fast.

Glad everyone is OK.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That was a beautiful powerboat. Damn shame.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 56 Posts

no lanyard!! some people have more money than brains.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcei
no lanyard!! ...
I wonder who is actually going to name their boat:

"Can't happen to me!"
Old 06-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

That is the 2nd gun to end up in the cypress stumps. Storm Debris ended up there a couple years back at the Ticfaw Poker Run...........
Old 06-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
That was a beautiful powerboat. Damn shame.
It was a great looking boat. The detail on the grab handles and interior parts was amazing. It was like the paint was worn off and you could see carbon fiber underneath.

The guy is my neighbor and we bought both our boats on the same weekend at Phil's. Truly a shame just thankful no one was hurt.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn! Glad everyone was Ok! We saw him Sunday evening, he was headed up Diversion as we were heading out to the lake. That was a beautiful boat.
Part of my wifes responibility on the the boat is to remind me about my lanyard every time I get behind the wheel. Things happen real fast at 50mph+. Maybe he'll learn from this.
Scott

Quick Reply: '04 Lip-Ship Gun destroyed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.