Notices

Boat BUI

Old 01-01-2009, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Why would you want this dipstick as a client ?????
Because that is how I earn my living. AND, my gut feeling that his BAC is no where near the level the officer indicated.

I do not condone BUI or DUI, but I minimize damage for those who are truly guilty as sh*t; and for those who are borderline (.08 BAC in NJ), or wrongly accused, I am exactly who they need to hire.

Dipstick, nitwit, it does not make a difference to me - we all make mistakes, some people need help. This guy needs help.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty

I minimize damage for those who are truly guilty as sh*t; and for those who are borderline (.08 BAC in NJ), or wrongly accused, I am exactly who they need to hire.

Dipstick, nitwit, it does not make a difference to me - we all make mistakes, some people need help. This guy needs help.

No wonder our country is in the toilet

Wasn't me wasn't me

I really only blew a 2.8 officer, does that make me less dangerous ?? NOT
Old 01-01-2009, 08:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

No wonder our country is in the toilet

Wasn't me wasn't me

I really only blew a 2.8 officer, does that make me less dangerous ?? NOT
I am not your problem, nor am I problem to society. Country in the toilet? What the f*ck does that have to do with me defending people who are wrongly accused?

I do not possess a magic eraser to undo the damage that a rightly accused defendant has committed. There is a price to pay for doing wrong. If they are guilty, then I am considered a thief for not having done sh*t in their defense, and if I get them off I am a scumbag lawyer in the eyes of the general public. The defendant less dangerous ....I will let the police do their job, and a judge or jury figure out the back end.

I took your comment as a direct insult, not sure who you are and why you would want to bust my balls.

PS - I may very well be a NJ Prosecutor in 2009, so my defending the accused may be a moot point.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered

not busting your balls sorry if you think that

but i am done with our so called leagle system it is killing this country

and "minimizing"what is proven fact seems so wrong to me

Just like getting out of prison early for good behaviour
why not have the convicted do their time, and if they act bad do MORE time for bad behavior

always seems to minimize or deflect blame just all seems so screwed up
Old 01-01-2009, 08:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

why not have the convicted do their time, and if they act bad do MORE time for bad behavior

Sorry about over-reacting. I do agree with everyone wants the easy way out mentality, and the "it wasn't me" attitude when they caught red-handed. I hear it all the time. I even had a potential-client, who was caught stone -cold. I told him he was facing serious state prison time, and there was nothing I could do to help him. His reply, "find a loop-hole, or I will break your legs." I told him there was not a loop-hole for stupidity, and politely told him to get out of my office, and here is your money back.

I wrote that example, because I understand your frustration. That is one reason why I am considering changing sides (Prosecution instead of Defense).
Old 01-03-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
That is one reason why I am considering changing sides (Prosecution instead of Defense).
Do it, it is the right thing to do.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by SeeYouThere
Do it, it is the right thing to do.
Thank you for encouraging words, I will know more in the next couple of weeks on what area of law I will be working. I am seeking a new position right now. We'll see....
Old 01-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really enjoyed that video and thought the cop was cool as hell...somebody I could work with

The only part I thought was lame was his lady coming over to console him...but maybe she was just whispering where she hid his stash and thankful it wasn't found and seized!

Some people just haven't got the message yet that the jig is up when it comes to drinking and operating cars and boats.

Too bad for the guy, but nobody got hurt and hopefully he learned a valuable lesson (and recovered his lid when he got out of jail!)

Where were the gratuitous shots of the extra seat covers in the boat???
Old 01-04-2009, 01:23 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Why would you want this dipstick as a client ?????

Why not??????? He's got a 500k boat, so he should be able to afford the attorney fees

Even if he's guilty as sin, he still has every right to have a legal representation.

Unfortunately the system is all effed up in a lot of ways. Judges know how much time somebody is really going to serve when they get sentenced. Its like setting your clock fast so you won't be late.

Keep this in mind, it cost upwards 200k a bed to build a prison and upwards of 25k a year to keep a prisoner there. That is paid for by you and me. Do you really want to pay for that??? The system is geared to protect criminals, fortunately I know how the system works and put my share of bad guys in jail.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:12 AM
Registered

Griff I assume you are with law enforcement GOD BLESS YOU

I think the system is a joke

right to a speedy trial Ha Ha

Pain and suffering is a joke everyone has pain and suffering now days its pain and PAY ME

TV commercials saying
"do you have hemorrhoids? And did you buy a chair from Bobs Chair Company? You may open for compensation. Call Sam Bernstein the attorney on your side we can help"

Planting seeds, and placing blame, is all our system does these days
the innocent have few rights. While the guilty have a ton of rights.

I have been involved in two lawsuits and in both cases it took years to find i was in the right, only to cost 10s of thousands of dollars over years and still never see a day in the courtroom all we did was pay lawyers to play with each other

Our system is broke and the Politian’s wont fix it because to many of them are liars opps i mean lawyers

Smarty this is not directed at you, it is directed at the system The fact that morals no longer play a part in our justice system, just MONEY, it is sad and it is dumbing down America

Lawyers and law firms should have to pay if they loose a case that would slow down some frivolous lawsuits

I could go on all day this thread just started me going

Again Smarty it is not personal i am sad to see our legal system become a joke

Quick Reply: Boat BUI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.