Stuffed my 25 Outlaw last month in LI Sound >

Stuffed my 25 Outlaw last month in LI Sound

Notices

Stuffed my 25 Outlaw last month in LI Sound

Old 10-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuffed my 25 Outlaw last month in LI Sound

I was running in Long Island Sound on September 20th and stuffed my 25 OL pretty bad. My wife was severly injured and two of my friends were thrown out of the boat at 60mph. If my wife ever goes boating with me again I'd like to buy some life jackets with solid rib protectors in them (she broke 7 ribs and shattered her spleen, had massive internal bleeding and was taken by helicopter to the hospital). Do they make life jackets with hard inserts around the ribs and chest? Thanks for the help.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:06 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by kp7165
I was running in Long Island Sound on September 20th and stuffed my 25 OL pretty bad. My wife was severly injured and two of my friends were thrown out of the boat at 60mph. If my wife ever goes boating with me again I'd like to buy some life jackets with solid rib protectors in them (she broke 7 ribs and shattered her spleen, had massive internal bleeding and was taken by helicopter to the hospital). Do they make life jackets with hard inserts around the ribs and chest? Thanks for the help.
WOW,MY GUESS IS SHE IS NOT GOING ON THE BOAT WITH YOU AGAIN,JUST A GUESS.SORRY TO HEAR ,HOPE EVERYONE INVOLVED COMES OUT ALLRIGHT.HOW DID THIS HAPPEN,AND WHY DID IT HAPPEN?
Old 10-17-2009, 12:54 AM
Registered

I hope your wife and everybody comes out ok.

I don't know of any life jackets with 'inserts'...

Sounds like you were running too fast for water conditions. Instead of trying to find life jackets to prevent injuries, next time the best idea would probably be to just back out of the sticks and run 40 instead of 60.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:31 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 899 Posts

60mph in a 25 Outlaw in how big of water???? If it was big enough water to stuff it then that was entirely too fast. Be happy that you, your wife and passengers are still breathing.

I wouldn't blame her one bit if she never went boating with you again. You don't need a PFD with a hard insert, you need to learn how drive more safely.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:14 AM
Banned

like others mentioned, probably the wrong trim setting and speed for the water conditions, but to anwser your question, Lifeline makes a open cockpit impact jacket, very bulky in front...but impact rated....
Old 10-17-2009, 06:32 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

something tells me this guy didnt lay his terrible enough already story on the table to get trim and speed scolded?? I'm willing to bet he knows what happened and feels terrible enough already without the professional a$$ lashing from the OSO safety commitee
Old 10-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Registered

I have to agree with Boomer. Sure it was apparently unsafe; however, it's done, no one died, and he's going to hopefully learn fromthe experience. "Life coaching" can be a muthaf*****

Bro, sorry about your mishap. Hope your wife and all involved recover fully.

If your lucky, your wife will again boats with you.

Forget the boat, if you're real lucky, she won't cut you off for life (lol).

I was rummaging around on the net looking for Otterbox gerar, and found this site:

http://www.altrec.com/nrs/anti-gravity-shirt

Tht link is to an under the PFD shirt desigend to add bouyancy, warmth, and apparently, some degree of impact protection.

I know nothing at all about it personally, but hopefully, it will aid in your search.

Stay safe.

...Skipper
Old 10-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by kp7165
I'm a good friend of Jason's (JBOUTLAW) and we were together at Claudios when we heard what happened. Glad to hear everyone is going to be ok.... Like others have said, I'm sure a very hard lesson was learned from this..... See ya on the water in 2010....with your wife (hopefully!).
Jay
Old 10-17-2009, 03:21 PM
GB
Registered

Originally Posted by Boomer35
something tells me this guy didnt lay his terrible enough already story on the table to get trim and speed scolded?? I'm willing to bet he knows what happened and feels terrible enough already without the professional a$$ lashing from the OSO safety commitee
X3
Old 10-17-2009, 11:22 PM
Registered

very sorry to hear i my self have a 25 OL and at times run it hard and can see where this is very possible i would like to hear more about the conditions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.