Notices

Sharp Props

Old 03-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sharp Props

Hi All,

Question for those with super sharp props. Do you use and sort of protective cover for them when at anchor with people in the water?

In a perfect world, no one would ever brush up against them, but even when warned, someone will, so does anyone have any bright ideas?

I was toying with something like a double thick neoprene cover for each prop, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if there is already something out there.

On the plus side, it won't damage the prop, and won't sink if accidentally dropped. It could be a pain to put on though.

Thanks!
Old 03-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well, found these, not sure how well they will hold up though.

http://propskin.com/index.html
Old 03-04-2010, 01:43 PM
Registered

I have an extra "protector 2" prop cover here , cover the shipping and shes yours. Shes brand new , my father Invented them a while back. shoot me a pm with your number and ill hook you up. NickB
Old 03-08-2010, 06:24 AM
Registered

Default I do now!

I never used one until I kicked by prop by mistake last Labor Day. Now, 18 stiches and two severed tendons later, I use a regular old prop cover when ever anyone swims off my boat.
I still can't believe it happened, I was holding onto the swim platform with my feet on the transom. My foot slipped off and when I went to put it back, I kicked the prop. It didn't even seem like I kicked it that hard.
Oh well, lesson learned.
Yes, get the peop cover.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Green Eyes
I never used one until I kicked by prop by mistake last Labor Day. Now, 18 stiches and two severed tendons later, I use a regular old prop cover when ever anyone swims off my boat.
I still can't believe it happened, I was holding onto the swim platform with my feet on the transom. My foot slipped off and when I went to put it back, I kicked the prop. It didn't even seem like I kicked it that hard.
Oh well, lesson learned.
Yes, get the peop cover.
Had this very thing happen to three different friends on three different boats at the Emerald Coast PR one year. Most of them were all very light contact too. But, your skin is already soft from being in the water so it really doesn't take much. I would definitely be interested in some kind of cover.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered

White Lightning from LOTO has red stripes going all the way down his #6 outdrives and you can see it very clear from out of the water. It really helps you know where everything is at because not everyone knows where to step on a #6 outdrive.