HELP NEEDED..spotters for Don Aronow Marathon, Sept 18th >

HELP NEEDED..spotters for Don Aronow Marathon, Sept 18th

Notices

HELP NEEDED..spotters for Don Aronow Marathon, Sept 18th

Old 09-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP NEEDED..spotters for Don Aronow Marathon, Sept 18th

HELP NEEDED...to all NPBA boaters....we need safety spotters/boaters placed around Long Island to monitor the racers on Sept 18th during the
DON ARONOW MEMORIAL 271 mile MARATHON, based out of LAMOTTA'S RESTAURANT/MARINA IN PORT WASHINGTON, NY 11050.

The RACER'S need our eyes/help in case they break-down, run out of engines, break their hulls...or whatever. You can help by taking a "zone" to be designated by
"Patrol Commander"..."Pat-Com", at your favorite spot, whether it be on the South Shore, Montauk, or on Long Island Sound.

Call me or e-mail me directly...you can help the racers set a new record around Long Island. You need a VHF Radio and a Cell phone....and a boat.
You will be on-duty from 8 am until 3 pm...or we'll have shifts.

Call me or e-mail me directly if you can help.
The rain date is the following day, if necessary.

All info on the event is posted at www.nationalpowerboat.com

Thank you in advance.
Billy Frenz
NATIONAL POWERBOAT ASSOCIATION
Direct E-mail: [email protected]
Tel: 203-532-1312
www.nationalpowerboat.com

Subject: Don Aronow Race Memorial Marathon

There are no required stopping stations. Some boats are equipped to carry enough fuel, but they will have the option of refueling at any marina they choose.

We will start and stop at buoy #27 off of Port Washington, Long Island Sound, north of Great Neck.
The fleet will initially proceed North on Long Island Sound, keeping the north shore of Long Island to starboard. After passing Orient Pt Lighthouse (N41.156427 by W 72.24187) and Montauk Point Lighthouse (N41.071577 by W 71.861572), they will proceed South, past Freeport and the Rockaways/Brooklyn, and then enter the Hudson River under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. They will proceed on the Easterly side of Governor's Island to the East River and travel the Easterly side of Roosevelt Island to "Hell's Gate" and Northerly past Riker's Island, under the Whitestone Bridge, under the Throggs Neck Bridge into Long Island Sound, and end just past Great Neck at Buoy #27.