what is the industries thoughts on seatbelts >

what is the industries thoughts on seatbelts

Notices

what is the industries thoughts on seatbelts

Old 10-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

I can't believe they both came up swimming in this clip. Notice, one had his helmet ripped off by the force of the water.
Given the choice, I think I'd rather take a stuff like some of these boats have been caught on video doing, vs. this at speed 1/2 barrel roll.
I used to race PWC and we didn't run this aggressively, and I was in my early 20s and bulletproof back then. (Jump to 1:00)

Seatbelts? No thanks!!

http://youtu.be/MhAroaKrWgg?t=57s
Old 10-10-2013, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Props to Brian for starting my morning with one of the greatest songs EVER. Video was good too...
Old 10-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I can't believe they both came up swimming in this clip. Notice, one had his helmet ripped off by the force of the water.
Given the choice, I think I'd rather take a stuff like some of these boats have been caught on video doing, vs. this at speed 1/2 barrel roll.
I used to race PWC and we didn't run this aggressively, and I was in my early 20s and bulletproof back then. (Jump to 1:00)

Seatbelts? No thanks!!

http://youtu.be/MhAroaKrWgg?t=57s
HAHAHA That woman that fell out of the boat, and couldn't get herself upright after he dragged her skank azz back in was epic!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kidturbo
If those seatblets held ya into an ejection seat, I'd strap in every ride.

If not, somehow ya gotta greatly lower the odds of a blow over first, then incorporate restraint systems second.
Yes! Then you could pull the ejector upside down and power yourself to the bottom of the lake!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Yes! Then you could pull the ejector upside down and power yourself to the bottom of the lake!
Thinking more down the line computer controlled off speed and bow angle of attack. A human could never pull the trigger fast enough be to useful.

It was the most reasonable suggestion I had for my buddies boat, [the 36' Nor-Tech "Loose Cannon" pictured in the top right of this website] that ran right at 172mph on a pair of 1375hp Cobra Power upon it's last rigging. Bad ass boat by anyone's standard, always driven on the edge too, and so darn short that few ever braved a second WOT ride...

Someone else owns her now, but the previous owner had no fear.. Even once "accused" of a fly by on a Navy sub, which he claimed cut him off..

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/n...-shootout.html

For that boat setup and owner, ejection seats were the best odds for a safety improvement I could come up with..

Last edited by kidturbo; 10-11-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

boat does not have to flip over, just overtrim back into next wave set. that little water washing over deck can mess you up. rather have energy pull you out, still hurts upper torso, just better then alternative. this is recurring question since early 80's when I lived in key west. I reviewed report from 85 offshore boat incident and stuffed a boat at 30mph, face full of water. think not restrained helps. tight bolsters maybe as bad as belted in. you never know.