Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > Boating Safety
Just ordered 2 of these to try out >

Just ordered 2 of these to try out

Notices

Just ordered 2 of these to try out

Old 05-29-2014, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have 2 need to get 2 more just nice to were not big.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:23 PM
Ing
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

I've used similar Mustangs for 10 years and wear all the time when underway. Boat cops also like seeing them being worn. They figure you have some sense and not worth screwing with. Well worth the investment. Lifelines offer some impact resistance but both are the same class and will keep an unconscious persons head out of the water. I sometimes forget to take mine off when ashore because they are so un-intrusive.
Old 06-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ing
I've used similar Mustangs for 10 years and wear all the time when underway. Boat cops also like seeing them being worn. They figure you have some sense and not worth screwing with. Well worth the investment. Lifelines offer some impact resistance but both are the same class and will keep an unconscious persons head out of the water. I sometimes forget to take mine off when ashore because they are so un-intrusive.
Thats great to hear.

Wannabe
Old 06-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought 2 Mustang style vest for a poker run last as they were required while doing the run. The Donzi I bought in early spring came with 4 of the same type other then you have to pull the tab to inflate where as my other 2 are automatic. Great vest and comfortable.
Old 06-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like them because they take up so little room to store (and my 29' Fountain does NOT have excess cabin room).
I have two 100 m.p.h. vests (Slippery When Wet) left over from my jet ski days. This is what I wear as they have a D-ring
for the safety lanyard (which I always use). I ask my passengers if they want a life jacket and tell them if they say
no we won't be going over 30 m.p.h. That works too -
Old 06-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mustangs in my fishing boat, Lifelines in my performance boat. Lots more (sharp and/or pointy ) crap to hit on the way out of the PB than the FB.....
Old 06-10-2014, 01:08 PM
CLA
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

End'ed up getting two more so the whole crew can have them on during poker runs. Only downside is I'm a bigger guy that works out a lot and the thing barely fits around my chest. Probably good it fits tight though.
Old 10-06-2014, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by wannabe
Mustang auto inflate vests.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...uct_refresh_T1

All these boating accidents recently have got me concerned. I was looking for something unobtrusive.

Wannabe
What's the impact rating on the Mustangs? I searched forever to get reasonably priced jackets that were impact rated to 100mph but like everyone else, I don't wear them as often as I should.. I've hit the water at 70+ water skiing before and had my jacket disintegrate. Luckily I was in shallow enough water to stand. I got spun so many times and so hard that by the time I slowed down, I didn't know which way was up. So I want to make sure the jacket will stay together at top speed.
Old 10-07-2014, 10:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what we wore in the gulf on our patrol boats....they are great.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I added leg straps to mine btw-

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.