Protect yourself from Skin Cancer

Notices

Protect yourself from Skin Cancer

Old 10-11-2023, 12:33 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 949 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Living here in FL we use the shirts and sunscreen. It's funny at the sand bar you know who are the locals and who is visiting, we all have shirts on and huge flopping hats,,,,,, the visitors will not have anything other then swim suits.
Hehe...we've been going down to Naples for about 13yrs now...ive been wearing the shirts and big hats for the last i'd say 6-7yrs we feel like locals cause we know most of everything around there...but still get to find new things each time we go

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
The following users liked this post:
Wildman_grafix (10-11-2023)
Old 12-04-2023, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by sprink58
Well...I'm at home recovering from surgery number 5...that's 5 skin grafts requiring general anesthesia since early April !!!

This was for 3: BC's on my right shin. Hopefully this takes care of this $hit for a while !!! I have to stay off my feet and keep my right leg elevated for two weeks !!

Lesson Learned !!!

Just looked and sprink58 hasn't been on OSO in almost 4 years (Next month will be 4 yrs since last post)
Old 01-25-2024, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Living here in FL we use the shirts and sunscreen. It's funny at the sand bar you know who are the locals and who is visiting, we all have shirts on and huge flopping hats,,,,,, the visitors will not have anything other then swim suits.
Because we`re warming up our bones from the cold.
When it`s hot how do you wear a longsleeve shirt? Gotta even hotter . We don`t have thin blood like you locals , I get extremely hot.
Today it`s 38* , feels like a hot wave, I`m down to a sweatshirt .
I go to Florida it feels like Im in a Fu king OVEN set on Broil!!!! No way I`m wearing a shirt much less a long sleeve.
Old 01-25-2024, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

New treatment/preventative for skin cancers is the HPV vaccine. Very new research.
Old 01-25-2024, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
When it`s hot how do you wear a longsleeve shirt? Gotta even hotter . We don`t have thin blood like you locals , I get extremely hot.
I go to Florida it feels like Im in a Fu king OVEN set on Broil!!!! No way I`m wearing a shirt much less a long sleeve.
Yea I get it, I grew up in Northern Indiana.

Funny how after 13 years I get cold when its mid 60’s!

On the shirts, the sun is so intense that its cooler with the shirt on.
Old 01-26-2024, 12:15 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,822 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Just looked and sprink58 hasn't been on OSO in almost 4 years (Next month will be 4 yrs since last post)
When I saw this thread pop back up and I hadn't seen any posts by him for a while, I just checked when he was last on too. Last on OSO 7-01-2020.

Anybody know him personally???
Old 01-26-2024, 07:40 AM
Registered

Received 797 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
Dan,

I'm right there with ya. But....

There are some really cool materials out there nowadays, and they are making "sun shirts" that I'm told are actually cooler than bare skin in direct sunlight.

Thanks. Brad.
The following users liked this post:
rak rua (01-26-2024)
Old 01-26-2024, 08:30 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,126 Likes on 476 Posts

Spent years in the sun in Australia and have had a plethora of small skin cancers removed/lasered/cauterized. Now living in a stinking hot climate all year round, when boating or golfing, most people wear long sleeve shirts or stretchy ‘sleeves’ on their arms.

I hated the idea of long sleeves but the materials used don’t make me feel hotter. Manufacturers claim they actually keep you cooler, but that’s debatable. Long sleeves for me on the golf course, boating, and sometimes, even swimming.

I wish my family had protected me as a kid (we didn’t know better then) because that’s when most of the damage was done. It’s too late now. I see a dermatologist every 6 months and have new spots treated and try to protect myself to prevent things from getting worse.

Different skin types have different resistance to sun damage but most of us will never know until it’s too late.

Never stop enjoying life, but make educated decisions, especially the decisions you make for your young kids.

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 01-26-2024 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-26-2024, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

Yes we didn't know, I used to lay out on a black tar roof and use Hawaiian tropic "OIL", no SPF at all.

Used to be mistaken for well,,,,,,,, had a nick name because of my skin tone.

Originally Posted by rak rua
Spent years in the sun in Australia and have had a plethora of small skin cancers removed/lasered/cauterized. Now living in a stinking hot climate all year round, when boating or golfing, most people wear long sleeve shirts or stretchy ‘sleeves’ on their arms.

I hated the idea of long sleeves but the materials used don’t make me feel hotter. Manufacturers claim they actually keep you cooler, but that’s debatable. Long sleeves for me on the golf course, boating, and sometimes, even swimming.

I wish my family had protected me as a kid (we didn’t know better then) because that’s when most of the damage was done. It’s too late now. I see a dermatologist every 6 months and have new spots treated and try to protect myself to prevent things from getting worse.

Different skin types have different resistance to sun damage but most of us will never know until it’s too late.

Never stop enjoying life, but make educated decisions, especially the decisions you make for your young kids.

RR
Old 01-30-2024, 09:02 AM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
When I saw this thread pop back up and I hadn't seen any posts by him for a while, I just checked when he was last on too. Last on OSO 7-01-2020.

Anybody know him personally???

3.5 yrs and no Sprink58........not good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.