Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default franks marine

anybody know what happen to this boat and where it may be
Attached Thumbnails franks marine-franks-marine.jpg  
Old 12-16-2010, 09:53 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Boat is in Puerto Rico. I think Benny Jr. here on OSO has it...or knows who has it. One of my all time favorites. 1989 24 Scorpion. I talked to Frank a number of times over the years about that boat. He sold it to a guy down there who really let it go. Last time I talked to him, he said he thought about buying it back but it was too far gone...termites. I think the boat was being redone by Benny Jr. or someone. Almost bought it for $2500 for hull only, but didn't know for sure who I was dealing with. It was going to cost me 3-4k to ship to Jacksonville, FL. Great runner!
Old 12-17-2010, 01:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQXPlGUBqJ4
Old 12-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by no limits
Boat is in Puerto Rico. I think Benny Jr. here on OSO has it...or knows who has it. One of my all time favorites. 1989 24 Scorpion. I talked to Frank a number of times over the years about that boat. He sold it to a guy down there who really let it go. Last time I talked to him, he said he thought about buying it back but it was too far gone...termites. I think the boat was being redone by Benny Jr. or someone. Almost bought it for $2500 for hull only, but didn't know for sure who I was dealing with. It was going to cost me 3-4k to ship to Jacksonville, FL. Great runner!
crap all the good ones are fallin apart been looking for a old race model that does not need a ton been there done that
Old 12-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JERSEY DEVIL
crap all the good ones are fallin apart been looking for a old race model that does not need a ton been there done that
I here ya...no beat up projects. Looking for a 24 race? What kind of money you looking to spend? Looking for a nice project or turnkey? I see you have quite a nice collection going.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Registered

i rather not go full blown resto, would like to have a least a bravo set up. an would like to change to a fiberglass fairing not gonna race but will be two or 3 man cockpit no back seat but still have a least half cabin. does not have to have a motor. set it up like a hot rod to buzz around with in rough water thats why i like franks marine or the green papa dukes