Finally got my Checkmate! >

Finally got my Checkmate!

Notices

Finally got my Checkmate!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Finally got my Checkmate!

It took 2 months but I finally got it. The only problem is the donkey, that sold it to me claims it is a 259 Convinver. It looks to me like it is a ZT 260. I will be posting some pics this weekend, since it will be warm enough to uncover her. It is a 2000 and I got it for less than half of the book value. It was more than i wanted to spend but I had to. The seller broke the deal 4 times! Finally got him to agree. Correct me if I am wrong, but a ZT has the swim platform built in and a Convincer has the platform bolted on? I am also looking for any owbers manuals. If anybody knows were to get any let me know.....Took him out with me on the sea trial in about 3' chop and the thing still almost got to 60mph. He was kinda scared, said he didn't used to run her that fast. I guess he got nervous when I got on board with my life jacket buckled and then went ahead and hooked up the leyard for the kill switch. He looked at me and said that is what that cord is for....... Trimed her out and took off. Iwas about 60 that day and way to windy but had to try it out......
Come on summer..........
Old 03-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Registered

Sounds like a ZT to me. Here is a pic of my 99 ZT 280. What motor does the boat have?? Enjoy the new ride
Attached Thumbnails Finally got my Checkmate!-100_1679%5B1%5D-2-.jpg  
Old 03-23-2007, 06:43 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Heres one of my '99 259 Convincor..
Attached Thumbnails Finally got my Checkmate!-boat-opt.jpg  
Old 03-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Registered

Magic Med. it looks alot like yours, almost identical to the paint. If the rain would stop I could get some good pics. It is definatley a ZT260. I will try to get some good ones tomorrow or Sunday. Thanks for the response....It has the 7.4, which I believe is the 454 correct? The goofy seller cliamed it was at 310HP. The numbers look like they are worn off of the sticker on top of the engine. I will have to get inside the engine compartment to get the numbers off of the plate....Stay tuned for pics......
Old 03-24-2007, 05:39 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Unless it has an older carb engine, it is not a 310 h.p. In that year, the 7.4's were injected. That means that it has either the Magnum engine 385 hp or the standard 7.4 @ 330 hp.