259 Upgrades >

259 Upgrades

Notices

259 Upgrades

Old 04-18-2007, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by RJBBC
Thanks Beadman. I went out this afternoon and noticed the only closed cooling boat on our dock is still nowhere to be found. You're more than welcome to bum a ride this Friday if the weather still scares you.
It is not an issue of weather, it is an issue of me needing to get the boat in my driveway for a day's worth of cleaning and some minor maintenance items that I cannot do on the lift before I set her down there for the season. Right now, I'm getting a new roof put on my house so there is a big dumpster setting in my driveway where I normally would set the boat. I'm hoping to set her on the lift this coming Tuesday evening. I will be down at LOTO this weekend so I cannot mess with it until Monday. We'll celebrate everyone's arrival on the dock with shots of Cabo Uno!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
It is not an issue of weather, it is an issue of me needing to get the boat in my driveway for a day's worth of cleaning and some minor maintenance items that I cannot do on the lift before I set her down there for the season. Right now, I'm getting a new roof put on my house so there is a big dumpster setting in my driveway where I normally would set the boat. I'm hoping to set her on the lift this coming Tuesday evening. I will be down at LOTO this weekend so I cannot mess with it until Monday. We'll celebrate everyone's arrival on the dock with shots of Cabo Uno!
Sounds good.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:50 PM

I am thinking about adding some performance tabs to the 259. Any suggestions on what brand and models? What will this cost with mechanical indicators?
Old 05-10-2007, 05:43 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Rob,

I think you know, but I will mention it again. I used a set of Dana Marine HP-1000 tabs. They work great. I also used Livorsis' thin line indicators which just fit where I installed it. You wont beleive the difference from those p.o.s. Insta-Trim tabs the boat came with.

Vinny
Old 05-10-2007, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by checkmate454mag
Rob,

I think you know, but I will mention it again. I used a set of Dana Marine HP-1000 tabs. They work great. I also used Livorsis' thin line indicators which just fit where I installed it. You wont beleive the difference from those p.o.s. Insta-Trim tabs the boat came with.

Vinny
Vinny,
Thanks for the info. I know this has been shared before but I am too lazy to search for it. Thanks for the reminder.
Rob
Old 05-11-2007, 05:14 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Rob,

Vinny
Vinny,
How tight was it getting your cables into the indicator ?

Is your indicator bottom fed ?

I am just finishing up my tab installation. Will post pictures soon. Pulled old insta-trims, plugged, resined, gel-coated old holes. Painted transom black and installed red Livorsi ( Dana/Eddie ) 24" tabs. Indicator installed in dash, waiting for cables to connect.
Tab response is super quick and the set-up looks awesome.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:30 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

KellyO,

I have posted these pics before, but its no problem to post again. My cables come up under the gunnels, then swing around the front of the indicators and attach to the indicators from the front. Now, Livorsi makes those neat pop up indicators. They may fit as well as the thin line I used.

Vinny
Attached Thumbnails 259 Upgrades-dash-.jpg  
Old 05-12-2007, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Vinny,
How tight was it getting your cables into the indicator ?

Is your indicator bottom fed ?

I am just finishing up my tab installation. Will post pictures soon. Pulled old insta-trims, plugged, resined, gel-coated old holes. Painted transom black and installed red Livorsi ( Dana/Eddie ) 24" tabs. Indicator installed in dash, waiting for cables to connect.
Tab response is super quick and the set-up looks awesome.
Do you have part numbers on the order. What did cost, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 05-12-2007, 05:42 AM

KellyO,

I have posted these pics before, but its no problem to post again. My cables come up under the gunnels, then swing around the front of the indicators and attach to the indicators from the front. Now, Livorsi makes those neat pop up indicators. They may fit as well as the thin line I used.

Vinny
How long are your cables?
Old 05-12-2007, 06:16 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RJBBC
How long are your cables?
Sorry, I dont remember. Before I ordered them, I just ran a tape measure along the expected routing, then ordered the next longer cable. Just make sure you get good quality cables that have alot of flex. The bend up front is tight for cheaper cables.

Quick Reply: 259 Upgrades

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.