New Checkmate Boat Pics >

New Checkmate Boat Pics

Notices

New Checkmate Boat Pics

Old 05-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Wow, they look great. I really think the new bolsters look great, definately an improvement. Interiors look alot better. Still need to do something with the dashes.

Wild Willy looks like you can stay in the family, looks like tehy are making some family open bows and some mcobs.
Agree. Interiors are looking up with the exception of the dashes. Very dated. Need to lose the riveted-on plastic trim piece that hides the unfinished edges. I assume the mold/gel work is top notch as always. I would also like to see a fairing option as the windshields are so low profile they might as well be a fairing.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts
Thumbs up

Looking great, nice to see a 40 year old company improving with the times. Looks like the new owner is paying attention!
Old 05-23-2007, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Agree. Interiors are looking up with the exception of the dashes. Very dated. Need to lose the riveted-on plastic trim piece that hides the unfinished edges. I assume the mold/gel work is top notch as always. I would also like to see a fairing option as the windshields are so low profile they might as well be a fairing.
Good catch, definately lose the windshield and do a fiberglass faring with a plasic windscreen like the outlaws.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep the thoughts coming guys ....
Old 05-24-2007, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Im partial to the red
now this is red picked it up last week workin on it now, how you doing dawn see you in ocean city . bruce

Last edited by JERSEY DEVIL; 08-06-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Registered

Yep they are looking damn good except for the dashes. That is the one thing holding them back, they need to go to an insert or something to make it easier to change layout, add gauges, etc. The vinylwork looks awesome, definitely the bee's knees.

I didn't see it at first but that top one is a step hull it looks like!! Or its a reflection...

Last edited by c_deezy; 05-24-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered

one of only a handful made for racing. bulkheads all over an lightweight, needs some tlc . shoul be fun for a season, until i find a nother toy.

Last edited by JERSEY DEVIL; 08-06-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
Yep they are looking damn good except for the dashes. That is the one thing holding them back, they need to go to an insert or something to make it easier to change layout, add gauges, etc. The vinylwork looks awesome, definitely the bee's knees.

I didn't see it at first but that top one is a step hull it looks like!! Or its a reflection...
It is more like a notch or a very very small step. My 99 ZT 280 has one. If I am not mistaken all larger ZT hulls are made this way.
Old 05-24-2007, 11:02 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bruce ... looks awesome!!! Lookin forward to seein the boat and you in OC!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

Jersey Devil- I wondered who bought that boat. My brother and I were talking about buying it when it was listed on SF. You got a hell of a cool boat for the money. How fast does it run?

I agree the new interiors are an improvement for CM. But I still like the molded dashes. Any company can mate up a pre-fab dash to a hull (aka Baja). It's a Checkmate "look". Just my thoughts.

Quick Reply: New Checkmate Boat Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.