2003 26 ZT, what to do?

Notices

2003 26 ZT, what to do?

Old 07-30-2008, 10:24 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by noyzee
how much is it to lab the prop? and who does a good job?

i saw some place that said $180 bucks, my buddy said its like $150 per blade, not sure which one it is?
if its 150 per, that a $600 mod to an already $600 prop, and the first time i brush a sand bar im screwed. if its $180 for the hole thing, i will send it out today.

as for the exhaust. it runs threw hull but has that quick and quite from Corsa so it has the Y style pipe that sends the extra threw the outdrive.

if i remove everything inside it wont make it louder?

not sure on the exact price to lab so check with bblades on this website....but im betting thats your biggest bang for cheap $$$. your exhaust turbulators are located inbetween the manifold and the riser. Its just a metal plate that resricts the exhaust hole a bit and is meant to catch reverted water and boil it off b4 it hits the heads and rusts anything. you dont need those in there if you dont keep your boat sitting in the water 24/7 and it is a proven 8hp. Has no effect on sound. B sure to get a new gasket for each riser when you remove those.
Old 07-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
not sure on the exact price to lab so check with bblades on this website....but im betting thats your biggest bang for cheap $$$. your exhaust turbulators are located inbetween the manifold and the riser. Its just a metal plate that resricts the exhaust hole a bit and is meant to catch reverted water and boil it off b4 it hits the heads and rusts anything. you dont need those in there if you dont keep your boat sitting in the water 24/7 and it is a proven 8hp. Has no effect on sound. B sure to get a new gasket for each riser when you remove those.
no kidding, i didnt know that was in there! i do however keep my boat in all summer long.
it comes out of the water maybe 2-4 times a season, i wash and wax the hole boat and bottom thyen put it back in, so i guess thats out for me as well.
does the older 454 mag have these as well?
Old 07-30-2008, 11:11 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

no kidding, i didnt know that was in there! i do however keep my boat in all summer long.
it comes out of the water maybe 2-4 times a season, i wash and wax the hole boat and bottom thyen put it back in, so i guess thats out for me as well.
does the older 454 mag have these as well?
nope...older 454's dont....only the 496 engines. If you look at the manifold where it meets the riser you will see a gasket, a metal plate(the turbulator) and then another gasket.

There are quite a few threads on OSO about these, and many people have them out and probably leave the boat in. I think it really depends on your exhaust routing if it is prone to reversion. The 375hp 496 you have has a very mild cam so it wont be sucking anything in there. I wish there was more cheap HP on these motors...but there isnt such a thing. Ive looked.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Registered

nope...older 454's dont....only the 496 engines. If you look at the manifold where it meets the riser you will see a gasket, a metal plate(the turbulator) and then another gasket.

There are quite a few threads on OSO about these, and many people have them out and probably leave the boat in. I think it really depends on your exhaust routing if it is prone to reversion. The 375hp 496 you have has a very mild cam so it wont be sucking anything in there. I wish there was more cheap HP on these motors...but there isnt such a thing. Ive looked.
cool, i will have to poke around on that then and see what i can find, if i can do it, i will.
thanks allot
Old 07-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Registered

ps, these things are not like cars.
i can get so many cheep easy bolt ons and make power. these things come pretty much maxed unless you change big stuff.
just a tune in a stock camaro will gain a good 10-15 rwhp.
Old 07-30-2008, 01:16 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

ps, these things are not like cars.
i can get so many cheep easy bolt ons and make power. these things come pretty much maxed unless you change big stuff.
just a tune in a stock camaro will gain a good 10-15 rwhp.

well.......you can get 10-15 hp on these motors for very little.....but.....that aint really enough to do chit for speed. It takes an increasing amt of hp to gain $peed the faster you go.

good luck
Old 07-31-2008, 07:10 AM
Registered

well.......you can get 10-15 hp on these motors for very little.....but.....that aint really enough to do chit for speed. It takes an increasing amt of hp to gain $peed the faster you go.

good luck
very good.
im going to call BB today about doing my 4 blade up.
if i can gain 1-2 off that and maybe 1 with the exhaust mod and a few tweeks i'll be happy.

thanks for all the info
Old 07-31-2008, 01:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sweet Addiction
I was not happy with my 496 mag so I sold it and bought a crazy 500 EFI project. I am happy now. Went from 62 to currently 70 and looking for 72.
if the boat was here to stay i would do somthing big, either heas/cam etc or atleast a blower. but it may be gone next year depending what the new ones look like
Old 08-03-2008, 06:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sweet Addiction
Cool, I got you. I would just roll it like it is. Your not going to get much HP from little bolt on stuff. Good luck.
im just looking for that 60 mph mark all the time. with 2 people and little under 1/2 tank the boat was 59.7 gps it was 90* out side.

im on the fence about buying the boat fully, but we'll see.

if i do, im going to lab the prop and rip the exhaust apart for sound and maybe a little power.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Your best money spent would be to upgrade the motor to the 425HP MAG HO version. All this requires is a cam and ECU reprogram.
I'll make you a deal on a HO CAM & ECU w/ ~40hrs. PM me if you're interested.

Quick Reply: 2003 26 ZT, what to do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.