2003 26 ZT, what to do? >

2003 26 ZT, what to do?

Notices

2003 26 ZT, what to do?

Old 07-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2003 26 ZT, what to do?

Looking to pick up a little bit on MPH but im not looking to spend a pile of cash, its a 496 375 hp i was thinking porting the t-body and getting the K+N flame arestor to grab a little, and i was thinking of a computer tune for 87 octain (id run higher but i cant always get 89 or 91 or 93 so to be safe i would have to stick with 87 tune.
what parts would work best? who would be the best to tune this?
boat right now runs 60 mph on gps with 2 guys, no gas. with 4 people and full load it runs 57-58.
id like to be able to run 60 with a full load and maybe 62+ light.
i have a 4 blade and love it, so prop is out of the question.
i was thinking lab finish, but thats allot of cash, and i do allot of beach stuff and im sure it wouldnt be long befor the prop touches sand a couple times.

thanks
Old 07-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Your best money spent would be to upgrade the motor to the 425HP MAG HO version. All this requires is a cam and ECU reprogram.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:43 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Your best money spent would be to upgrade the motor to the 425HP MAG HO version. All this requires is a cam and ECU reprogram.
and throttle body.......

you might as well skip the HO and do some raylar stuff. aluminum heads and intake would be nice and lightweight.
Old 07-28-2008, 11:25 AM
Registered

i do not want to get into the motor atall. i want to bolt on only, i dont want to spend allot, and i dont want to rip into the motor. we may be trading it in next year depending what Baja does for upgrades to the boat.
im very happy with it, but im hoping Baja will throw some of there little tweeks to it if they do we will be going with a 28 ZT or 27 convinc with a single ho, or maybe the 525. not sure yet.
i just want small bolt on stuff that is easy and effective, i know i wont see huge gains from anything unless i go nuts, but i would have to guess 1-2 mph should be doable
Old 07-28-2008, 11:31 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Take out the turbulators in the exhaust. That should get you 1+ mph and its free, quick, and easy. Lab your prop if you want also. I wouldnt waste any money on a k&n...it wont do anything but look better. There isnt any other secret to speed thats free or cheap. The raylar heads are bolt on, will bump hp considerably, and are 100lbs lighter.

Whats all this baja talk....thought we were talking about a check

Last edited by tblrklakemo; 07-28-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Registered

yea, i want to pull the stuff out of the exhaust, but when im on the lake we have sound we have to follow by and the fish cops are hard to deal with, so thats out. what about the tuning, ive seen a few places that will retune the stock computer they say that picks up a little bit.

im talking check, but baja bought checkmate, so im waiting to see what baja does to the checkmate. its either going to be good or bad, im hoping its good, and we will trade the 03 for a new one.
we'll see tho
Old 07-29-2008, 11:29 AM
Registered

I thought Baja was just bought by Fountain?
Old 07-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by lil zeke
I thought Baja was just bought by Fountain?
correct. brunswik bought baja, fountain bought baja off bbrunswik (brunswik had no time to kill baja)

i spoke to checkmate last week, i spoke to the "owners" son

he told me that the old owner of baja bought out him and his father.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:27 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by noyzee
yea, i want to pull the stuff out of the exhaust, but when im on the lake we have sound we have to follow by and the fish cops are hard to deal with, so thats out. what about the tuning, ive seen a few places that will retune the stock computer they say that picks up a little bit.

im talking check, but baja bought checkmate, so im waiting to see what baja does to the checkmate. its either going to be good or bad, im hoping its good, and we will trade the 03 for a new one.
we'll see tho
Well the turbulators wont do anything to sound. They are good for 8hp and a mph or two. If you are already running out your transom you wont notice anything in noise. I would be hesitant to mess with the PCM555 on your stock motor. Very easy to mess up and only a couple of places can legaly mess with them. Usually only good to clear up black soot on the transom. Labbing your prop and removing the turbulators are about as cheap as it gets for a mph or two....maybe better if you prop is way off for your hull.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Well the turbulators wont do anything to sound. They are good for 8hp and a mph or two. If you are already running out your transom you wont notice anything in noise. I would be hesitant to mess with the PCM555 on your stock motor. Very easy to mess up and only a couple of places can legaly mess with them. Usually only good to clear up black soot on the transom. Labbing your prop and removing the turbulators are about as cheap as it gets for a mph or two....maybe better if you prop is way off for your hull.
how much is it to lab the prop? and who does a good job?

i saw some place that said $180 bucks, my buddy said its like $150 per blade, not sure which one it is?
if its 150 per, that a $600 mod to an already $600 prop, and the first time i brush a sand bar im screwed. if its $180 for the hole thing, i will send it out today.

as for the exhaust. it runs threw hull but has that quick and quite from Corsa so it has the Y style pipe that sends the extra threw the outdrive.

if i remove everything inside it wont make it louder?

Quick Reply: 2003 26 ZT, what to do?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.