Charter Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I love the Super Sonic Cheeseburger!

C. P. B. A. Carolina Power Boat Assoc
Old 10-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to the forums is this where I post the new pics of my boat. Its a Baja built by Fountain with Checkmate speed.

I like Doc's post maybe he might have stuck it in the wrong thread. But I can see his point. But on the other hand it also upset the Checkmate people that Doug Smith bought them out.

Mr Reggie Cat Killer Fountain bought Baja and that pissed people off.

Mr Baja Doug Smith bought Checkmate and that pissed people off.

So now everybody is pissed off, maybe Cigarette will buy both of them and we all can be happy again.

I think I will go buy a bayliner and smoke all of you clowns
Old 10-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET
I am new to the forums is this where I post the new pics of my boat. Its a Baja built by Fountain with Checkmate speed.

I like Doc's post maybe he might have stuck it in the wrong thread. But I can see his point. But on the other hand it also upset the Checkmate people that Doug Smith bought them out.

Mr Reggie Cat Killer Fountain bought Baja and that pissed people off.

Mr Baja Doug Smith bought Checkmate and that pissed people off.

So now everybody is pissed off, maybe Cigarette will buy both of them and we all can be happy again.

FYI

Doug started building boats with Checkmate before he left and went with Baja. Actually most think he founded Baja and he did not. He just ran it a long time and built it up to one of the largest in the industry.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:25 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

I am staying out of this fight...

I am wondering what the speeds on that 28 would be with a 496/425?

I would also like to see more photos posted either here or in the Checkmate forum.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Well, the bottom line is that Doug has brought much needed change to Checkmate and the overall product is a better boat. Reggie is now building Baja and the new Bajas are better boats with new improvements. So why is everyone pissing and moaning?? Let's enjoy the evolution and improvements that have been made to long lasting boat companies that have alot of history and pride!!
Old 10-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPITER PULSARE
Well, the bottom line is that Doug has brought much needed change to Checkmate and the overall product is a better boat. Reggie is now building Baja and the new Bajas are better boats with new improvements. So why is everyone pissing and moaning?? Let's enjoy the evolution and improvements that have been made to long lasting boat companies that have alot of history and pride!!

I agree, nicely stated!
Old 10-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SOX
I am staying out of this fight...

I am wondering what the speeds on that 28 would be with a 496/425?

I would also like to see more photos posted either here or in the Checkmate forum.
A very ball park speed would be 70 mph the new 300 is their 30 footer, the swim platform is included in the footage now. The boat is really a 28 plus platform. Around 99-2000 Checkmate started including their platform as footage like most boat compaines do.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET

That's awesome! Cheers to that !!
Old 10-20-2008, 09:46 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Thanks for moving this OSO.

I guess I am too use to posting in the Baja section.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:33 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by slowboat6
Doc, Looks like you a big fan of Checkmate. I wonder how big of a fan Checkmate would be of your if you posted their dealer net on here. and you Sure have a low oppinion of Reggie, why is that Doc? What has he done to you. Have you ever met the man. You know he didn't take the jobs of those people in Bucyrus away, Some one else has that cross to bear. And if you hate what has happen to Baja so bad then get your back and sell it, Buy something else I sure Reggie Won't Give A S_ _ T.
Well I figured you would hide behind a computer screen but that is okay because we know who you are anyway.

1) Yes I am impressed with Checkmate and the folks there are really good people and I wish them all the success in the world.

2) My opinion of Reggie is based mainly on what I have read on this and other sites and like they say the more you hear of something the more you believe it. I'm sure he is a nice guy and there is no denying his passion and what he has accomplished. I mainly got real turned off by what he did in Jacksonville a couple of years back with Cat Killer. Everyone on here has an opinion and this is mine.

3) He has never done anything to me that I am aware of.

4) I have met Reggie and shook his hand twice and he was always very friendly but that was the extent of it.

5) Yes I know he did not take the jobs away from those folks. Could he have found a job or two for some of them?

6) The Baja I knew is gone but the boats they built will be around a long time and many will enjoy them for years to come. When I buy a new boat it will certainly not be a Baja by Fountain or a Fountain by Fountain.

7) And if you hate what has happen to Baja so bad then get your back and sell it, Buy something else I sure Reggie Won't Give A S_ _ T.

WELL THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR POINTING OUT WHAT WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SAY ALL ALONG. HE DOES NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THE PREVIOUS BAJA OWNERS!

My opinion is I simply don't care for the new boat because I don't care for Fountain. They show me nothing and it's not because they are a bad product. I know lots of folks that love them and have good boats and they don't like what I have that is why they make so many different brands and models.

Everyone here has an opinion and now you can go back to hiding behind your computer screen.

Last edited by Dock Holiday; 10-20-2008 at 11:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Checkmate

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.