Notices

Where are the

Old 06-12-2009, 09:54 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Where are the

New Checkmates?

I guess I need to make a road trip to Bucyrus and see what is going on.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

When is that new 34 Checkmate being released?
Old 06-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith Atlanta
When is that new 34 Checkmate being released?

Old 06-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Registered

34????????????????????????

next years boat!!!!
Old 06-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Registered

Keith, as a Checkmate fan.....it's hard to get excited about a 15 yr old warmed over Baja model with a Checkmate sticker on the side. I would like to see Checkmate Marine develope a new clean sheet of paper Checkmate. I would hate to buy a Concept for my next boat.

Last edited by X-Driver; 06-12-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Driver
Keith, as a Checkmate fan.....it's hard to get excited about a 15 yr old warmed over Baja model with a Checkmate sticker on the side. I would like to see Checkmate Marine develope a new clean sheet of paper Checkmate. I would hate to buy a Concept for my next boat.
aw man don't tell me Doug dragged another Baja mold out of the dump. This is got to hurt the feelings of the Baja guys as much as the Checkmate guys.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Registered

if they used the baja mold on the hull, oh well, its a good hull does its thing, handles well, looks nice etc etc, but they should put the checkmate touch to the top half. meaning, put the rails on the outside, put a windsheild on it. however the interior should take the tips from baja and finish the floor and cockpit real nice, add some more color into the mix and use thicker or denser padding.
i think mixing baja and checkmate together it shoud produce pretty much a perfect boat.
i think the short comings of mate can be taken up by baja and the short coming of baja could be fixed by mate.
to reproduce an outlaw 33 or soething, yea thats gay
Old 06-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know how you guys feel because us old Baja owners have the same issue with what Fountain is doing with the Baja line.

The problem I see is that tooling is extremely expensive and I guess something new is better than nothing new and the company going out of business.

With what Checkmate did with the H2X I am sure they will have the new 350ZT looking like a Checkmate and have some nice new touches.

The 342 is an awesome boat and should be a good seller. I look forward to seeing one on the water.

No company that makes any product can set back and do things the way they did 20 years ago and survive. I think Dean is doing a great job of coming up with new ideas from seats, paint, in gel painted graphics etc. Please don't take this the wrong way but how many Checkmate folks are here on the site? The brand needs to attract the attention of new buyers and hopefully continue to support the loyal followers at the same time.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
I know how you guys feel because us old Baja owners have the same issue with what Fountain is doing with the Baja line.

The problem I see is that tooling is extremely expensive and I guess something new is better than nothing new and the company going out of business.

With what Checkmate did with the H2X I am sure they will have the new 350ZT looking like a Checkmate and have some nice new touches.

The 342 is an awesome boat and should be a good seller. I look forward to seeing one on the water.

No company that makes any product can set back and do things the way they did 20 years ago and survive. I think Dean is doing a great job of coming up with new ideas from seats, paint, in gel painted graphics etc. Please don't take this the wrong way but how many Checkmate folks are here on the site? The brand needs to attract the attention of new buyers and hopefully continue to support the loyal followers at the same time.
Dock,
how can you say that taking a 10-15 year old baja mold is something new. Yes the interiors did improve in the Checkmates after the Smith take over but the ZT 244 " H2X " looks 100% like it did when Baja built it. You can take anything and change the seats, gauges, and smack a stripe on it. So please tell me when you take a 342 Baja mold and update the seats and bolt on hardware how its going to look anything like a Checkmate.

How many Checkmates have you owned Dock ??? And for your information Checkmate always had in gel painted graphics that's nothing new.

I have nothing against you Dock but I never heard you say anything about any other Checkmates being built other than the ones that got built from the old baja molds that I heard got tossed in the trash.

And if your looking for Checkmate members their are 6950 on the OFFICAL checkmate owners website www.checkmate-boats.com

Last edited by PURPLE HORNET; 06-16-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Registered

I think Checkmate should come up with something new. Baja boats are nice for some people, but I bought my Checkmate because it is not a cookie cutter boat. I have not seen any like it so far. I wish Checkmate would make a bigger boat, but not use a Baja mold. Make a 36 to 38' boat with the same square lines checkmate is used to.

Jason Roeder

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.