Notices

Zt 275

Old 10-27-2009, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Baja 272 model was the start of this duplicated model, they were available from 1993 - 2001.

The 275 model is no longer offered through Baja, this model was offered by Baja (Brunswick) from 2001 - 2008.

The Baja "by Fountain" is called a 278, which is a similar model, when comparing to the (older version) Baja 275. They also offer a 277 Islander (open bow version).

Checkmate, recently came out with their 275 version, off of the Baja 275, which is "very" similar.

The 275 Checkmate is a 1000 lbs lighter boat, it uses in gel graphics, where Baja "by Fountain" paints on their graphics. The Checkmate 275 molds in their swim platform, compared to the add on platform used on the Baja "by Fountian" 278. As far as speed / performance, an insider at Checkmate has reported higher speeds than what I have personally witnessed in the 278. Baja "by Fountain" comes standard with hydraulic steering and a lab finished prop, where it is optional on the Checkmate 275. Price comparisson, the Checkmate retails for less money.

My opinion, they are all very nice boats (Checkmate / Baja / Baja "by Fountain), it's all in what you're looking for!!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:04 AM
jln
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boat4fun, thanks very much for the info.