Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
Shootout Pics >

Shootout Pics

Notices

Shootout Pics

Old 09-01-2009, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shootout Pics

I finally ran the Checkmate in the shootout. The boat made one pass at 65mph. The pass was solid, I thought the boat was running faster than that. What the hell, it was fun anyway. Keytime also ran his Checkmate. I saw him in the staging area. I am not sure how fast he ran, hopefully he can chime in. Enjoy some of these photos. If you haven't been to the Shootout before I highly recommend it.
Rob
Attached Thumbnails Shootout Pics-checkmate-50.jpg   Shootout Pics-cat-killer-50.jpg   Shootout Pics-cms-50.jpg  

Shootout Pics-stampede-50.jpg   Shootout Pics-supercat-50.jpg  
Old 09-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Registered

sounds fun. how long is the run?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by noyzee
sounds fun. how long is the run?
the run is 1 mile long, however you get a running start of 30mph.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:07 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice to meet ya! It was great to see another Checkmate running. You ran with me and Hawk 40 downstream on Sunday evening too, right?

Had an absolute blast. I've been hitting the lake since the 70's and that was probably my favorite weekend ever down there. Participating in the event was just too d*mn cool. Just floating upstream of the bridge with all that badazz hardware waiting to run was sweet. Everyone associated with running the event were very friendly and helpful, and the awards ceremony afterward was enjoyable as well.

I ran 70, 71, and 73. Every one of us wants to go a little faster, of course, but I was content with 73. I REALLY wanted to get another run in, but there was a little confusion and registration was closed by then. Thought I might be able to shake another mph out of her, but I did win the class. Regardless, the entire weekend was a blast. I'll very likely run again next year. More Checkmates needed!!
Old 09-02-2009, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Keytime
Nice to meet ya! It was great to see another Checkmate running. You ran with me and Hawk 40 downstream on Sunday evening too, right?

Had an absolute blast. I've been hitting the lake since the 70's and that was probably my favorite weekend ever down there. Participating in the event was just too d*mn cool. Just floating upstream of the bridge with all that badazz hardware waiting to run was sweet. Everyone associated with running the event were very friendly and helpful, and the awards ceremony afterward was enjoyable as well.

I ran 70, 71, and 73. Every one of us wants to go a little faster, of course, but I was content with 73. I REALLY wanted to get another run in, but there was a little confusion and registration was closed by then. Thought I might be able to shake another mph out of her, but I did win the class. Regardless, the entire weekend was a blast. I'll very likely run again next year. More Checkmates needed!!
Keytime,
I agree this year was my favorite. I have been to 3 shootout events before at Shooters 21. I heard last year-the first year at Captain Ron's was less than ideal. They sure did a great job this year. I think I like the new location better. The smaller channel seems to promote smoother water. I wish I had a chance to talk with you. I was thinking about cruising over in the staging area but I was constantly worrying about when my turn was and if I could find the right boueys at the end of the course. That was our boat running with you and Hawk 40 on Sunday. I ran WOT from Captain Ron's to Lands End because my front running light and gauge cluster lights were not working. I wanted to get back to the dock before sundown to avoid a ticket. Fun times. Congratulations on winning your class. I will try to be more competitive in my class next year. I need more power.
Rob
Old 09-02-2009, 10:42 AM

Default more pictures

If you look closely you can see Keytime in the staging area.
Attached Thumbnails Shootout Pics-nortech-50.jpg   Shootout Pics-dog-days.jpg   Shootout Pics-eliminator-27.jpg  

Shootout Pics-eliminator-33.jpg   Shootout Pics-staging-area.jpg  
Old 09-02-2009, 10:47 AM

Default more pics

A few more pictures of the boats docked at Captain Ron's and Dog Days.
Attached Thumbnails Shootout Pics-batman-50.jpg   Shootout Pics-fountain-50.jpg   Shootout Pics-no-fishing.jpg  

Old 09-02-2009, 10:51 AM

Default a few more

We had great seats to watch on Sunday. We showed up around 1015 and parked right at the finish line.
Attached Thumbnails Shootout Pics-finish-line.jpg   Shootout Pics-sunday-morning.jpg   Shootout Pics-nice-run.jpg  

Old 09-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by RJBBC
We had great seats to watch on Sunday. We showed up around 1015 and parked right at the finish line.
Ok, that was you that yelled over at me after my run on Sunday, right?
Old 09-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by RJBBC
Keytime,
I agree this year was my favorite. I have been to 3 shootout events before at Shooters 21. I heard last year-the first year at Captain Ron's was less than ideal. They sure did a great job this year. I think I like the new location better. The smaller channel seems to promote smoother water. I wish I had a chance to talk with you. I was thinking about cruising over in the staging area but I was constantly worrying about when my turn was and if I could find the right boueys at the end of the course. That was our boat running with you and Hawk 40 on Sunday. I ran WOT from Captain Ron's to Lands End because my front running light and gauge cluster lights were not working. I wanted to get back to the dock before sundown to avoid a ticket. Fun times. Congratulations on winning your class. I will try to be more competitive in my class next year. I need more power.
Rob
What speed won your class? 67?

Man, I had a blast this weekend. That was awesome. My buddy in the Hawk said "man, he was running loose." lol We could tell you were on the gas. That boat looks really good.

I actually ran out of gas on that stretch! I was low from running the Shootout and would have filled up right by Ron's, but Paul wanted to get to get rolling and make it to GG at speed. I knew it would be close, but I decided to go for it. Ran out at the 22mm. Paul had to come back and tow me about 4 miles. Not my brightest move, but everything turned out alright.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.