Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
Checkmate Service >

Checkmate Service

Notices

Checkmate Service

Old 09-20-2009, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Checkmate Service

I called Checkmate Wednesday of last week and asked for the service department. I think it was Kip who answered the service line. I asked if he would sell me a transom cleat because I bent one earlier in the year. (a friend came charging in too say hi while we were tied up and the waves rocked the boats violently and bent a cleat-a stainless cleat I couldn't believe it). Kip said sure and asked what year and model my Checkmate was. I told him and he said he would ship it out that day. A few minutes later he called to verify some specifics on the size of the cleat. The cleat arrived Friday and I bolted it on this afternoon. Everything lined up perfect! Thanks Kip! Checkmate continues to provide solid products and service.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by wild willy
Mike is the parts guy, and good at his job!
It must of been Mike. I am not sure where I'm getting the name Kip. Anyway it was refreshing to have someone step up and provide pleasant, competant service!
Old 09-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Registered

i ordered a couple parts from Mike as well. i had them in 3 days and he threw a few books in the box and a 2003 catalog (year of my boat) good stuff for sure!!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 03:15 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice folks up there for sure.

They understand customer service and want to please.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Registered

great people, doesn't matter how old your boat is they are always willing to help. glad i bought a checkmate
Old 09-24-2009, 08:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Very nice folks up there for sure.

They understand customer service and want to please.
Yeah Mike Combs the son of Bill Combs the man that started Checkmate is top notch. He knows every model of a Checkmate and is a top notch parts guy. I have ordered a few parts from him and he knows exactly what I am talking about. No BS like you get from normal parts guys that don't know a damn thing. Just tell Mike the year of your boat and what you want, and your parts will arrive when he says they will.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PURPLE HORNET
Yeah Mike Combs the son of Bill Combs the man that started Checkmate is top notch. He knows every model of a Checkmate and is a top notch parts guy. I have ordered a few parts from him and he knows exactly what I am talking about. No BS like you get from normal parts guys that don't know a damn thing. Just tell Mike the year of your boat and what you want, and your parts will arrive when he says they will.
DITTO!!!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Registered

One other thing I would like to add, the thing I like best is when you need a part you can order it straight from Checkmate. You do not need to go threw a dealer that does not have nothing in stock like usual and that drags his feet when ordering it like most do.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:34 AM
Registered

Smile New Interior

I just replaced the interior in my 253 Convincor...I ordered all the items from Mike. I had alot of questions on how and what to do. With alot of help from him and Linda Harley, my interior turned out great...I always get a lot of good comments on my boat. I had two pieces that were not right and Mike overnighted me the correct pieces. They are a great company. Best of all I saved a ton of money.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Kip and Mike are brothers and are always eager to help when you call Checkmate. Even thought the company has been sold to Doug Smith, Kip and Mike continue with their tradition of top shelf customer service!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.