Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Checkmate
Picked up a 1990 Starflite/Merc Pro XB 250! >

Picked up a 1990 Starflite/Merc Pro XB 250!

Notices

Picked up a 1990 Starflite/Merc Pro XB 250!

Old 06-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Picked up a 1990 Starflite/Merc Pro XB 250!

Added another Checkmate to my fleet! 1990 Starflite (from the Checkmate 1990 Catalog) with a Limited Edition Mercury Pro XB 250. The boat had a deck off restoration back in 2005 and was rebuilt with top shelf materials...Nidacore floor, stringers, seat box, Autometer Phantom gages, InControl Shifter, Hot Foot, Sea Star Pro hyd. steering, Hydrodynamics 6" Setback, Bob's Machine 5.5" Hyd. Jackplate, Alpine Stereo with 4 Polk speakers, etc. etc. I've removed the powerhead and sent it off to Diamond Marine to have the #6 cylinder honed due to the oil pump gear stripping. Hoping to have the block back for reassembly in the next week or so. With 11.5" of setback, about 275hp, and Trophy Plus 27 I'm anticipating speeds in excess of 80mph!

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...e-an-Addiction!
Old 06-08-2014, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool deal, congrats on the new Checkmate!

Host the pics on a place like photobucket and copy and paste the IMG tag here so the pics can show up here.