253 Cabin Door >

253 Cabin Door

Notices

253 Cabin Door

Old 06-04-2015, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 253 Cabin Door

My door came out of its track and I can not figure out how to get it back in. Anyone have any pointers?
Old 06-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Best guess: You are probably going to have to take out most of the interior just inside the cabin and separate the bulkhead to get it back in. That was the ONLY way that I could replace the broken door on my Persuader. If you find a better way, let us know. Good Luck!!!
Old 06-09-2015, 08:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you step on it without it being fully closed? Is your radio mounted on the side that the door slides to? Might be able to pull the radio and use something to lift the door back on track as you close it. Good luck..
Old 06-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can u get in there with a large pry bar?
Old 06-12-2015, 07:27 AM
Registered

I went at it hard last weekend and tried to get it in with out taking the cabin out but had no luck. The track at the bottom is a dovetail fit so out came the cabin. I did learn some things, the refrigerator and microwave come out first, then the mid bench, followed by the cabinet that holds the frig and micro. After all this was out of the way I got the door and track out. Normally you could just put the two back together and reinstall everything but not me. The door came out because the bottom track had cracked and I don't know when to get out of the throttle. I got a new piece of plastic and will try my hand at making a new lower track.
Old 06-17-2015, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You may call the Checkmate factory and see if they have some of that track laying around. They have a lot of NOS stuff there.
Old 06-18-2015, 12:05 PM
Registered

My adventure in door fix is done and over. I called the factory and they don't have any parts for this door around. They subcontracted the construction of these out so that is understandable. To fix it I ordered a piece of plastic a bit larger then the finish piece from McMaster Carr. A friend of mine does some nice wood working so we figured it can't be that much harder then wood and went at trying to make it. Well plastic does cut a lot like wood but also melts real good too. After a few failed attempts we got it right and have a new piece. I then had the fun of trying to get all the parts back into the cabin. As of last night I am all finished with it.