Checkmate 1993 what model is this? >

Checkmate 1993 what model is this?

Notices

Checkmate 1993 what model is this?

Old 01-19-2016, 03:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts
Default Checkmate 1993 what model is this?

Snooping around some back blocks where boats are stored and I came across this. Couldn't crawl through the boat and take off the covers, there was a security guard hanging around and he didn't trust me!

I paced it out at 21-22 feet so hope you guys can help me, is it a Pulse or a Pulsare? No engine, hull sides and bottom looked clean but couldn't see much else.

Looking for something that requires a little TLC and maybe an engine. Is this worth playing with? Are they any good? Any appeal? Do they have any significant problems? Is it maybe just a waste of time, better to find something much newer and ready to go?

H.I.N. Is CHK43280F393

I know I'm on the Checkmate forum but are these older boats worth owning for a bit of fun? Any opinions, good/bad are appreciated.

RR
Attached Thumbnails Checkmate 1993 what model is this?-image.jpg   Checkmate 1993 what model is this?-image.jpg   Checkmate 1993 what model is this?-image.jpg  

Old 01-21-2016, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 24 Posts

Based upon the style line at the back of the hull the boat is a Pulse. It would make a fun project. Throw on a 12" setback jackplate and a 3.0L Mercury with hyd. steering, a Trophy Plus 26 and you'd have a fun toy that'll run 75+ mph...
Old 01-21-2016, 07:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks for the info. I notice nearly all the Checmates of similar size pictured on powerboat listings have a set back bracket.
Found a pic of a rotten old cat for sale, pic must be 4-5 years old, and the Checkmate is in the background, sitting in exactly the same place, looks like it hasn't moved since. Had a Yammie on it previously.

RR

Last edited by rak rua; 01-21-2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-21-2016, 07:57 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

The photo mentioned above. Checkmate hiding in the background.
Attached Thumbnails Checkmate 1993 what model is this?-image.jpeg  
Attached Images