Notices

graphics

Old 01-29-2003, 06:31 AM
jmorganste

Default graphics

How many people think that Checkmate needs to do some work in the graphic dept. I like the boats, but feel they are to conservitive in this dept. They have many colores to choose from, but of all the same designs.

Old 01-29-2003, 11:32 AM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see quite a few Checkmates that I feel could use more graphics. But, most of them are the older ones. They have improved over the older 251 series. Most better looking 251's have had some sort of custom graphics added. I like my checkered flag edition 259. Most higher end boat manufacturers can afford to go with a larger choice of graphics, but you will pay for that option. Lets face it, if you have DEEP pockets, you are most likely not going to own a Checkmate. I think that they still build a good boat for the money.

Last edited by Vinny P; 01-29-2003 at 11:37 AM.
Old 01-29-2003, 07:47 PM
Registered

I bought a 253 all white hull that I painted the flag graphics on it and it was not easy. I could have painted other custom graphics with the same amount of time and effort. I think Checkmate could have better graphics without raising the price to much.
Attached Thumbnails graphics-2-checkmate.jpg  

Last edited by dmann; 01-30-2003 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-30-2003, 09:45 PM
Registered

Cool

Amen to that!!!! I have a 240ZT painted by mitcher T and it looks way better than the factory graphics. They just need to get a little more crazy and up to date. Bright colors, Lime Green, Yellow ect... I would not have bought a Checkmate again if mine was not already painted by Mitcher T. I think that is the only negitive thing that people say about them. That is an easy fix. Kip give us some feedback on this subject. Also the website is terrible and that is an easy fix as well. Just my .02 But I still love my Checkmate...
Old 02-05-2003, 03:26 PM
Registered

Angry

That pisses me off. Not changing is the reason alot of companys go out of business. I would say his upper management needs to step up and tell Bill that this is 2003 and that most everyone likes flashy boats. Baja sells more boats because of there style and it makes me mad that as much as I like Checkmates to see them get walked over by Baja. Mitcher T needs to paint every Checkmate made. Kip, show Bill these posts and maybe that will help him change his mind. Sorry if this post sounds a bit abrasive but sometimes thats what it takes to get a point across.
Old 02-06-2003, 06:56 AM
jmorganste

I guess I am not the only one that has this opiion. Wild willie you are right target with your comments. How can it be a bad buisness move to give the customers what they want, and are willing to pay for it?

Old 02-07-2003, 08:20 PM
Registered

Actually, I had an agreement to design and paint a limited edition set of graphics about a year and a half ago with Checkmate. Bill and kip had a press release about the agreement with all of their dealers in the nation. I only painted one boat for the factory directly and I painted several for Premier Motorsports, and then bill decided to downscale his operation from about 300 boats per year to about 75-100.

At that point the project fizzled out and nothing has happened since. premier and myself had convinced Bill and Kip that they had an untapped market of loyal checkmate owners and new prospects waiting for the change, but again to no avail.

We're still on great terms and I look forward to their starting the momentum again, we'll just have to wait and see.

I appreciate your support and great comments. Checkmate makes a great boat.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:27 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Thanks for the reply Mitcher T. I bought my 2002 240ZT from Premier Motorsports at the end of last summer. I get many comments on your paint job. Thanks Again,
Old 02-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Registered

You are very welcome, have fun!