Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chris Craft
Own a Stinger or a Scorpion? Stingerfest 2005. >

Own a Stinger or a Scorpion? Stingerfest 2005.

Notices

Own a Stinger or a Scorpion? Stingerfest 2005.

Old 04-27-2005, 03:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Own a Stinger or a Scorpion? Stingerfest 2005.

Ok, because so many of you have old Stingers and Scorpions, and it seems that they are actually COOL again....whoo hoo.

It has been suggested that we have a "Stingerfest" and get as many Stingers and Scorpions together for the admiring public to check out.

It would be cool to see 6 or 12 Stingers at the same place at the same time.

So... it also seems that a bunch of us are on Lake Erie.
(Makes sense, since these are awesome rough water boats).

If you are interested, please post a suggested day or weekend, as well as a possible location. Then I can check the location/dates against the boating event calendar on Lake erie and we can come up with something.

The Islands would be an obvious choice, but depending on what weekend, we couldn't get all the Stingers docked together.

Toledo would be easy to find docks, (and get them all together in one place) but that would be pretty far for the folks from Cleveland east.

My only BAD weekend is June 4, 5.

What do the rest of you think?
This would be of more interest to me than many other options, because of my interest in Stingers.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts
Default Re: Own a Stinger or a Scorpion? Stingerfest 2005.

Could be a good idea!
I'm from montreal, canada. I'm roughly 8 hours from georgian bay, ontatio, and don't really know how far from there, or from montreal you are (lake erie) July is a big poker run month: june 18 New-York, june 24-25 Alex Bay, july 1-2 hull.quebec,july 22-23 georgian bay, july 29-30 Montreal (my place) and august 13-14 1000 islands, finally toronto sept 16-17.

Although I wish to go at all of them, I probably won't be able for different reasons, but I think it's important for you to know it so we have the best chances to be as many stinger as possible!

So, how far ere you from, let's say, Montreal?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

id love to go, but my 375 is stuck in lake cumberland, cuse my trailer is tyed up on my 42 cig in the shop until july
Old 04-27-2005, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

By the way, can anybody tell me the difference between a Stinger and a Scorpion?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:09 AM
Registered

Fund,

The Islands are easier for us. We've never been to Toledo but that's not out of the question.

We will have to schedule something in July/August. Not sure exactly when the boat will be in the water but we're shooting for no later than 2nd week of June. We have a Poker Run the 3rd week of June, Beach Party at Sandusky Bay the last weekend of June and Port Stanley Canada July 4th weekend.

There are no bad weekends after that in July/August.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 375stinger
id love to go, but my 375 is stuck in lake cumberland, cuse my trailer is tyed up on my 42 cig in the shop until july
You could always come without the boat. One of us would take you.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rastinger
Fund,

The Islands are easier for us. We've never been to Toledo but that's not out of the question.

We will have to schedule something in July/August. Not sure exactly when the boat will be in the water but we're shooting for no later than 2nd week of June. We have a Poker Run the 3rd week of June, Beach Party at Sandusky Bay the last weekend of June and Port Stanley Canada July 4th weekend.

There are no bad weekends after that in July/August.

July or August is best for me too.
I figured that the Islands would be best for most folks.
The problem is that every weekend usually has an activity already. Maybe I could call one of the private marinas and set something up if there is a "slower" weekend.
I have made Toledo from Put In Bay in 40 minutes at 45mph.
Lake Erie usually behaves pretty well in August.

Last year there was an event called "thunder on the river" which was basically a chopper, car, and boat show.
It was just the first year... but the entry was 35 bucks, you got a reserved dock downtown for the whole weekend, and you could COME AND GO from the dock.

This was key.

A lot of LEOPA boats were there. Cigs and Fountains and Formulas.

Maybe they are doing it again.

Just a thought.

I agree that the Islands would be easiest for the largest majority of folks.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
Could be a good idea!
I'm from montreal, canada. I'm roughly 8 hours from georgian bay, ontatio, and don't really know how far from there, or from montreal you are (lake erie) July is a big poker run month: june 18 New-York, june 24-25 Alex Bay, july 1-2 hull.quebec,july 22-23 georgian bay, july 29-30 Montreal (my place) and august 13-14 1000 islands, finally toronto sept 16-17.

Although I wish to go at all of them, I probably won't be able for different reasons, but I think it's important for you to know it so we have the best chances to be as many stinger as possible!

So, how far ere you from, let's say, Montreal?
About 600 miles if you travel north of Lake Ontario through Toronto and then through Detroit.

Maybe less if you cross over to the US in NY, say... and then come under Lake Ontario and Lake Erie.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jeff32
By the way, can anybody tell me the difference between a Stinger and a Scorpion?
As far as I can tell.... the graphics.

I run the same waters as glassdave. I have compared his 260Scorpion to my 260Stinger. His is an 85 mine is an 87.

The differences are just things that you would expect to change from year to year anyway.

I have a rounded windshield more like a fairing.
Dave has a more traditional windshield.

Most stuff is very similar.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Own a Stinger or a Scorpion? Stingerfest 2005.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.