Need info on Stinger222 >

Need info on Stinger222

Notices

Need info on Stinger222

Old 08-24-2006, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need info on Stinger222

I am curently looking at purchasing an 86 222 and I really know nothing about that style are mechanics of this boat.

Does any body out there has info on the pros and cons of this boat? It is a 260hp 350. w/ a brovo out drive

What should I be looking at?

I like this boat because of its styling and it is a real head turner.

Any help would be appreciated.
Shawn
dv
Old 08-25-2006, 05:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need info on Stinger222

The pro's are the boat has a good ride for a 22 footer it gives you the option to stand, the looks, mine turns heads wherever I go, not a bad size cabin also... THE CONS.. if your boat has the touch button dash be careful over time they can go haywire ( the hatch lifter button on mine went) the cabin door is a bit small but over all it's a great boat you should see around 60 mph with stosk power... The bravo drive is not stock...

Last edited by stinger312; 08-14-2007 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-25-2006, 09:33 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 941 Likes on 472 Posts

Cabin is huge compared to other 22's due to the fact the controls are moved further back. it has no back seat per-say....it has two jumpers in the rear under the hatch. The hatch is actually 5 peaces....theres one big hatch in the middle covering the engine....the sides are two pieces each that turn into seats that you can have facing forward or backwards...its actually kinda cool. The only thing i kinda dont like is the fact its kinda crowded in the bolster seating....if the passenger on the right of the driver wants to go to the cabin the driver needs to stand up to let them pass.
There was also a recal on some of the 222's for a fuel tank issue...i think you can look it up on the coast guard database...
Bravo's were never an option...someone must have put that on later...its an easy modification as all you need to do it drill two extra holes for the transom assembly...i did it on mine
The stock setup was an alpha drive and 350 which gave it a top speed in the upper 50's i believe. Theres been a few ive talked to and seen that have had some crazy power and wicked speeds...one guy had some 650hp motor in it....said it got scary at 80mph when it would start chine walking.
Just do the normal check like on any boat for rot/moisture and you'll be good......i saw one on ebay a few months back that had a fresh paint job but needed a new motor sell for close to $7k...and that was with the alpha combo...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-25-2006, 09:35 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 941 Likes on 472 Posts

some pics of mine....
Attached Thumbnails Need info on Stinger222-cabin.jpg   Need info on Stinger222-seats.jpg  

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!