Hard at work!! >

Hard at work!!

Notices

Hard at work!!

Old 12-12-2006, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hard at work!!

Hi all, new to the stinger forum, just thought I'd post a few pics of my new ride...
Attached Thumbnails Hard at work!!-stinger2.jpg   Hard at work!!-stinger1.jpg   Hard at work!!-stinger3.jpg  

Last edited by fast02ranger; 12-12-2006 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Hard at work!!

welcome, nice stinger, waht all ye plan on doin to it? What power? good luck with it, and make sure to post plenty of pics!
Old 12-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 364 Likes on 243 Posts

welcome aboard!

According to the 3 pictures, it's not that bad! You took off the swim platform, you have some gelcoat to do for scratches, and add or change your side vent, beside that it looks good! Nice boat! Really apreciated mine. If I had kept it, I would have find a way to run engines between 330 to 425 HP. But beside that, I really enjoyed this wave crusher. Lots of room for a 26.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:43 AM
Registered

Welcome to the board! Always nice to have a new CC owner in the forum!
Old 12-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 77 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rastinger
Welcome to the board! Always nice to have a new CC owner in the forum!

rastinger, i read all your old posts on your restore of your awsome job man, love the paint..........i have a few questiones about your fairing job, i was thinking of dueing one on my mag this winter....What type of wood and due you have any pointers...........

cool 26 by the way
Attached Thumbnails Hard at work!!-magnum-013.jpg  
Old 12-13-2006, 08:02 AM
Registered

Thanks for the compliments! This is my first "larger" boat so to speak. I've always had bassboats, but was tired of getting beat up on the lake every weekend. I've road in 30' bajas and I think my 260 rides much better. Not to mention it seems that baja "stretches" the LOA because when mine was tied to my buddy's 04, he had about 2 feet on me tops...

I've got a lot of things planned for the stinger, I'm in the middle of a stereo install, I'm planning on installing a shorepower system, want to replace the snap in carpet, hydraulic rams on the engine covers, custom fabricate a windshield (thanks for the pics jeff32, looks awesome) and a possible alpha to bravo swap. So much to do, so little $. I'll post more pictures asap. I think I have some nice ones from Party Cove

Anyone have a slider cabin door they want to get rid of? I'm thinking about installing one instead of my bi-fold door and spring loaded hatch which have both seen better days.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

for your door, I looked around before to find one. Nothing found OR what was found was not in better shape mine was... That's why I used snaped canvas, sometimes I wished I had installed a zipper...
Old 12-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Registered

Is that the 260 that was for sale with the stroker motors? Is it as fast as was advertised? Good luck, nice lookin CC.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:24 PM
Registered

I wish I had stroker motors. Mine's a completely stock boat with the 260hp mercs. It's currently got 23p props on it, so I'm looking for a set of 21s. I'd like to yank the motors and build em, but I can't afford to put bravos on it to handle the hp. I'll probably just tinker with the exhaust, maybe some new intakes, nothing major. It runs great as is and I'll probably keep it that way. I can't run 60mph during the day at the lake anyway, to rough, so it's not a huge deal.

Cosmetics are my target at the moment. Lots to do, no garage to do it in I can't wait for warm weather.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mine had 350-320 hp with alpha and never had any trouble, and believe me, I was more often in the air than in water! I had stock intake, carb exhaust, but was bored 30 and blueprinted. Fastest I got was an almost 62 gps.

Quick Reply: Hard at work!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.