stinger202 questions >

stinger202 questions

Notices

stinger202 questions

Old 01-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: stinger202 questions

because of the cold , i'm kind of in a holding pattern with my floors and stringers. i have all the new wood cut and sized. i just have to wait for warm weather before i can do glass work. this weekend i'll dig up in the bow to see if i can find sand anywhere. i do know i need a new prop, so thats a concern i can deal with in the winter. if i can find a decent set of used manifolds for the right price i'll pick them up.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 202 resto

Join the club. I have also pulled the sand out of my stinger. It weighed nearly 200 pounds with the dampness that had got into it. Also I found all my forward stringers are completely rotten and so they will all need cutting out and replacing. I am going to move the fuel tank as far forward as possible into the bow. This will still give the boat some nose weight for pulling it onto the plane easily. I will sit the tank at an angle going up into the nose of the boat. Then there should be enough space to make a double birth laying across ways in the cabin, also some locker space in the floor. The cabin floor can also be lowered a couple of inches to make access a bit easier into and out of the cabin and also to give more headroom.
Chris Craft wasted what could have been a very usable cabin in this boat. There are also a lot of places in the boat
where they could have made design improvements to make the boat much more comfortable to use. For example as far as I know the boat was only ever sold with a V6 so they could have moved the row of seats at least 3 inches further back as the cockpit is so tight. Also the cockpit floor could have been lower.
I have removed the 205HP V6 from my boat. It ran 49.5mph on GPS and took some time to squeeze the last few mph out of it. Iwill be replacing it with a 300MPi /Bravo 1 package. Once I see how the boat handles with this package I may be tempted to add a procharger as well.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Years ago I purchased 202 with the V-6 - Never ran it pulled the brand new zero engine out and put in a I put in a Chevy 406 CID SB with the alpha drive - I had fun, but the boat was all over the place above 75 mph - I kept the weight down with aluminum heads, light weight exhaust etc...