Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chris Craft
Stinger 260 question >

Stinger 260 question

Notices

Stinger 260 question

Old 09-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks similar to an 82 that is up here or it could be an 83 with that paint scheme and it looks like the cabin doors are folding wood??? The 87 and up had a plexiglass door for the cabin that slides.

By the way if your looking for engines there is a Stinger up here in Niagara that you can grab CHEAP!. The outdrives were stolen and the boat has sat weathering for a couple of years. The blocks were fresh and ran strong. See my posting in this Chris Craft thread from about two weeks ago as it has a description. If you want the guys name and number I can aslo takes some pics of the boat and email them to you.
Contact me at [email protected]

Last edited by ve3lt; 09-01-2007 at 01:15 PM.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by VeeCat
Remove those upholstered arrow shaped coaming pieces and flip them upside down, reattach and your interior will look like new.
You know i`m from sweden and not so good in english, so if you can be a little more precise in what you mean iwould be thankfull
Old 09-01-2007, 02:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ve3lt
That looks similar to an 82 that is up here or it could be an 83 with that paint scheme and it looks like the cabin doors are folding wood??? The 87 and up had a plexiglass door for the cabin that slides.

By the way if your looking for engines there is a Stinger up here in Niagara that you can grab CHEAP!. The outdrives were stolen and the boat has sat weathering for a couple of years. The blocks were fresh and ran strong. See my posting in this Chris Craft thread from about two weeks ago as it has a description. If you want the guys name and number I can aslo takes some pics of the boat and email them to you.
Contact me at [email protected]
The cabin doors are 2 piece in plastic glas if thats what you mean?
The boat is now in stockholm/sweden on the way to skelleftea/sweden
whats the price ont he engines? we found engines with outdrives pretty sheap here in sweden.

//Jocke
Old 09-01-2007, 09:39 PM
Registered

I bet it's an '83. The later Stingers actually had the wooden cabin entry doors. I've only seen the acrylic on the earlier ones, and I've got a ton of Stinger pictures. I save nearly every one I come across-Scorpions too. Here's some pics of mine, it is factory interior from what I've been told, but that will be updated this winter... If you want pics of anything specific, PM me and I'll snap a few and I'll post them.
Attached Thumbnails Stinger 260 question-cockpitsundeck.jpg   Stinger 260 question-helm.jpg   Stinger 260 question-bstinger26.jpg  

Old 09-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Registered

Pic from inside. The interior was funky with mold and mildew. We sprayed a 50/50 solution of Super Clean and water and washed it down. Then rinsed thoroughly with water and let air out in the hot sun. The cabin interior came out looking almost like new. Too bad the cockpit isn't that easy.
Attached Thumbnails Stinger 260 question-cabinlookingout.jpg  

Last edited by CCstinger260; 09-01-2007 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jorekore
The cabin doors are 2 piece in plastic glas if thats what you mean?
The boat is now in stockholm/sweden on the way to skelleftea/sweden
whats the price ont he engines? we found engines with outdrives pretty sheap here in sweden.

//Jocke
CCStinger is correct. The earlier ones 82 and back had wooden doors. The 83's had folding doors up to and including 85 I beleive. The 86 87 and 88's had a big plexiglass door but it slid sideways over top of another plexiglass inlay.
The bench seat is another mark of an early stinger as the 85 and up had the drop down bolster type seats more often then bench seats in those years.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered

After looking thru more pictures, the only Stingers I found with the wooden doors were ones with the Scorpion top decks. I don't know for sure if that's all there were, but that's all I have pictures of. I know I've seen the wooden doors on some late '80's Stingers, but those might have been put on by owners who couldn't get replacement acrylic doors, but I can't find any pictures of them. Your boat is a lot like mine, that's why I think it's an '83 model. You have the same interior patterns, dash layout, and I can see from your pictures that you have stickers on your panel missing where I have stickers in place. If you want, PM me your HIN and I'll compare it with mine to see how close they are.