New Chris Cat Owner

Notices

New Chris Cat Owner

Old 03-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Chris Cat Owner

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased the 84 Chris Cat that was on OSO classifeds, it was the last one....30' of Thunder with the HP500's.

This is my first Cat and first twin engine boat. I had the boat mechanically inspected and surveyed prior to purchase. The buyer was VERY flexible with the price and I think I got it for a good price.

Can any of you tell me anything about the boats? I hear they were limited numbers built, and that this is a rare boat? They were all kevlar and cored construction?....I basically am looking for general info on them. I know they are now AO 3100's...

Thanks,
Steve
Old 03-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Registered

Congrats and hope you can afford gas?
I just got a Stinger 390X with twin mags and am leary about summer fun with oil being over 100 bucks a barrel.

Let's keep our fingers crossed that gas will still be at a reasonable rate for us poor folks with boat mortgages!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by long duck dong
Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased the 84 Chris Cat that was on OSO classifeds, it was the last one....30' of Thunder with the HP500's.

This is my first Cat and first twin engine boat. I had the boat mechanically inspected and surveyed prior to purchase. The buyer was VERY flexible with the price and I think I got it for a good price.

Can any of you tell me anything about the boats? I hear they were limited numbers built, and that this is a rare boat? They were all kevlar and cored construction?....I basically am looking for general info on them. I know they are now AO 3100's...

Thanks,
Steve
Congratz BIG Daddy and best of luck , See ya out there on one of the runs
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

Hello Everyone,

Thanks,
Steve
wich one did you buy? the orange one? or the white and blue? post pictures!
Old 03-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Banned

Here she is....

Old 03-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Banned

Here she is....

Hey BIG Daddy what did you park it at Maryandmarks house
Old 03-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Banned

Did the trailers give it away Bill?........lmao...j/k
Old 03-12-2008, 07:18 AM
Lunatic Fringe
Platinum Member

Talking

They are great boats, do a search on the forum and there is lots of info. The original designer is George Linder and he is on the board also. I have had one for the past 12 years and am only selling mine because i want BIGGER. THIS IS A TERRIBLE DISEASE WITH NO KNOWN CURE!!!! I was told when i got started that they only built about 110 of these boats between 83 and 86. There were 3 sets of molds, one was sold to American offshore and they build it now. One went to Awesome. One of the Jims from Awesome said there boat is way different however after 2 people with 2 tape measures side by side for ten minutes, we could not find the difference. The third set is supposedly sitting in FL somewhere. The Awesome and the American will run faster because they are lighter, mine is built like a tank. We did have the bottom come out of an Awesome and sink on the Potomac river in MD so maybe heavy is not all bad. If your drives are mounted at the correct height for speed the boat may eat bravo's if it is run hard or in the rough. Good Luck
Jeff
Old 03-12-2008, 10:49 AM
Registered

Congrats Steve,

So you were finally able to settle the deal. That is great! If you got the boat for the price you told me on the phone, you practically stole the thing. ; ) Let me know how she performs when you run her.

Jared
Old 03-12-2008, 10:54 AM
Banned

Did the trailers give it away Bill?........lmao...j/k
NO it was the MARYLAND license plates LMAO

you practically stole the thing ???? Carefull how you pronounce stole
ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Quick Reply: New Chris Cat Owner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.