New Owner Stinger 202 >

New Owner Stinger 202

Notices

New Owner Stinger 202

Old 05-04-2009, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Short Story Long...

Got the motor hung, rebuilt the dash and side panels, installed the steering. All it needed was the interior and some minor TLC.

Got everything going, and actually took it out for a ride. Wow, did it have some power. I'm guessing 60+, and I've been in some 80+ bass boats.

The only issue was nose rise during planing, and some pretty bad porpoising, which I bought trim tabs to fix. I guess there was so much weight hanging 12" off of the transom, and no weight in the bow. I also had not adjusted the motor height, so that may have helped too.

Was layed off, and had to relocate to Dallas in December for a job. With 2 young children, time became limited.

Hated to see it everyday sitting and wanting to work on it, so decided it was best to sell for what I had into it. Plus this was not the best boat for a family.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/sdf/boa/1151602412.html
Old 05-05-2009, 03:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shame about that, you did some fine work on it but family first as they say! (my wife rarely hears it though!)

I think it looks a whole new kind of angry with an outboard. I would love to see this thing go! I'm glad you got a chance to run it and it's a shame to see you sell.
I thought family members would make good front end ballast?

Congrats on some fine work though. Hopefully I'll pull my finger out and get mine in the water soon too!