Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chris Craft
New member, new owner stinger 390 >

New member, new owner stinger 390

Notices

New member, new owner stinger 390

Old 05-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did the same thing trashed all my gages replaced them with autometer and replaced the switch panel with indash chartplotter and bluesea consoles.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:47 AM
Registered

Default I could use a copy of the wiring diagram if you are willing...

Originally Posted by Stinger390X
Welcome aboard.
Looking foward to seeing pics when the weather turns a bit.

I have some documentation on the Stinger 390X. I will check my files and see if there is anything in particular you need. I think I have a wiring diagram file and also TRS documention, What drives do you have?
Hi I also have a Stinger 390X. If you have a copy or know where I could obtain a copy of that wiring diagram you would be doing me a huge solid! I'm not having any issues right now but I know there will be one someday and I will need all the help I can get. Thanks

Mike
Old 02-06-2010, 04:49 AM
Registered

Default I'd like to see the finished product!

Originally Posted by divebum
Did the same thing trashed all my gages replaced them with autometer and replaced the switch panel with indash chartplotter and bluesea consoles.
DO you have any pics of your dash? I have been wanting to replace mine as well. It would be nice to be able to see them in the day light and in the dark.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mike's Stinger
Hi I also have a Stinger 390X. If you have a copy or know where I could obtain a copy of that wiring diagram you would be doing me a huge solid! I'm not having any issues right now but I know there will be one someday and I will need all the help I can get. Thanks

Mike
G'day Mike,

Just let me know what diagram you need and I'll post it here or email it to you. The best bet is to get a hold of the Manual(s) on CD. I think you can find them on Ebay these days pretty cheap.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:06 AM
Registered

Default Thanks Ghostrider

Originally Posted by Ghostrider
G'day Mike,

Just let me know what diagram you need and I'll post it here or email it to you. The best bet is to get a hold of the Manual(s) on CD. I think you can find them on Ebay these days pretty cheap.
I am actually wanting to update my gauges similar to what you described earlier. At present my gauges are all stock and they all work but there is one thing that is super annoying on my boat. The little buzzer keeps going off at random times but I dont know what systems its connected to. One of my engines does run a little cold but I dont know if thats causing the buzzer to go off or not. It doesnt stay buzzing for long and at speed you cant hear it anyway but it would be nice to know what its going on about. Any ideas?

And do you know what I should search under for those CD's. I looked but didnt see anything.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Registered

They might have cottoned on to the blatant copy-right infringement then! PM me your address and I'll put a copy on CD in the mail to you.

Buzzers are almost always hooked up to pressure or temp switches (stock), they are activated by either a total drop in pressure (eg for oil or if you had one for water pressure on the inlet side) or for a spike in temp. As they are really just a switch, they have a fixed range which will close a circuit forcing a response ie: a motor gets hot, switch opens and a buzzer is activated. I would doubt that it would be because you motor is too cold, more likely it could be an oil pressure problem? Do you have a mech Oil press gauge or an electric one?

Also, just a dumb thought, I almost wired a buzzer to the shallow water alarm output on my GPS, someone may have done that for you??
Old 02-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Registered

Mike, been away working for a while, my boat is put up for the winter at the moment but i whill get some pictures of the dash as soon as possible. the top row has 2 tachs and a GPS and standard speedo. the next 2 rows i staggered the gages that each row has 8 gages on it and then on the switch panel i trashed that and put in a built in plotter and 2 fused 8 in a row switch panels turned out pretty nice. the wiring color coding in my boat was pretty easy to follow from the engine up getting rid of the engine sink got rid of alot of wiring. i also mounted + and - busses on the back wall to get rid of more of the wiring. if your buzzer is an oil buzzer there are 2 oil pressure switches the one for the buzzer was on the bottom side of the remote oil filter block and i didn't see and it drove me nuts till i found it.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Registered

Mike ghost rider had posted the wiring diagrams on the first page of this thread if you save the thumbnails it will blow up ok
Old 02-25-2010, 03:14 AM
Registered

Default Yes I realized that after the fact....

Mike ghost rider had posted the wiring diagrams on the first page of this thread if you save the thumbnails it will blow up ok
Yes I realized they were already posted after I had already posted my question. Sorry about that.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:16 AM
Registered

Mike, been away working for a while, my boat is put up for the winter at the moment but i whill get some pictures of the dash as soon as possible. the top row has 2 tachs and a GPS and standard speedo. the next 2 rows i staggered the gages that each row has 8 gages on it and then on the switch panel i trashed that and put in a built in plotter and 2 fused 8 in a row switch panels turned out pretty nice. the wiring color coding in my boat was pretty easy to follow from the engine up getting rid of the engine sink got rid of alot of wiring. i also mounted + and - busses on the back wall to get rid of more of the wiring. if your buzzer is an oil buzzer there are 2 oil pressure switches the one for the buzzer was on the bottom side of the remote oil filter block and i didn't see and it drove me nuts till i found it.
Thanks I will look for that one as well. And yes trust me I do know how you feel about going crazy over that annoying buzzer!

And yes I would love to see pictures. I really want to update my dash before the summer season gets here.

Thanks for all the help thus far.

Mike

Quick Reply: New member, new owner stinger 390

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.