Chris Cat - New owner >

Chris Cat - New owner

Notices

Chris Cat - New owner

Old 04-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chris Cat - New owner

Hey everyone was talking with another chris cat owner and he wanted me to post my pics, well here they are. I bought this boat last year and had a blast with it. Its a 31 with twin 650hp 540 engines and it runs great. I took on quite the winter project and am redoing the entire boat. The only problem I had last year was with my RH drive. I had TRS uppers with #2 lowers and I trashed the RH upper twice. I am putting #3s on it. As you can see in the pics the boat is a bare hull I just got it back from paint last week. I allready rigged everything for installing the #3 drives (what a pain in the ass) so its all ready to go back together. I rebuilt my motors, dynoed them and rebuilt my transmissions. Completly rewired the boat and am installing all new gauges by elite along with a new interior which is allready been made. It is new stlye with bolster seats and looks great. Well I plan on having the boat completly done in three weeks. I will post pis. Just wanted to share my boat with other guys who might enjoy it. Thanks, Jeff @ J&J Marine.
Attached Thumbnails Chris Cat - New owner-chriscat-bare-after-paint-003.jpg   Chris Cat - New owner-chriscat-bare-after-paint-006.jpg   Chris Cat - New owner-chriscat-bare-after-paint-004.jpg  

Chris Cat - New owner-chriscat-bare-after-paint-001.jpg   Chris Cat - New owner-chriscat-bare-after-paint-005.jpg  
Old 04-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts

Nice!
Old 04-02-2009, 05:08 PM
Registered

I sure your rite Scott but sometimes you have to go with what you got and I have two sets of #3As and three sets of transom assembles. Maybe next year. Thanks, Jeff
Old 04-02-2009, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good keep us updated with pics.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:16 AM
Registered

Yea Scott I know that the transoms are the same but why do you think 4s are better than 3As? Iv got quite a few boats we have put together with big power running on 3As and they dont break. Well any way I need to use mine because I use a 1.50 ratio but thanks for the offer. I found another tail shaft so Im good with that dont worry about finding one. Thanks, Jeff
Old 04-05-2009, 10:47 AM
Registered

Nice cat.
Ron Luks
Old 04-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You tend to see these boats with # 2 Speedmasters or # 4's. I don't know why but it seems they did not install # 3 's in them. I have the original # 2's that came with 400HP merc's. Your gonna love the way these boats eat the waves. I am suprised the upper unit went on you. The TRS upper is good to 700 hp I am told (?). The weak link is the # 2 lower. Maybe your alignment was off. i do not know any better cat hull in the same length. Your boat looks great, keep up the good work.

Wannabe

Last edited by wannabe; 04-05-2009 at 11:49 AM.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:41 AM
Registered

I thought they only used the 4's when you ran boxes. I kept my X demesion exactly the same as it was with the #2s the boat handled great and ran 106mph with the tired 650s. I also had props that were a tad under pitched and at that speed I was at 6000 as the motors are hitting the limiters. I got props with 2 inches more pitch and the motors are fresh Im hoping to pick up a little speed despite the extra weight from the #3s. We will see.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:40 PM

i dont see what the difference is in a 3 or 4 i been told about a couple chris cats with 3s running faster than mine with 4s but im still figuring mine out and tuning. what x deminion are you running without boxes? im 4.25 above with boxes. are you getting any porpusing and what speeds?
Old 04-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Registered

If your not running boxes your x demension should be lower. I was talking to greencard about his x and he is 3/4" above the bottom with 3s. Both of our boats are 7% prop slip which is good. Mine is 1/2" above the bottom. I havent run the boat this year with the 3s yet. But last year with the 2s I had no porpose at any speed unless my drives were trimed in to tight than she would hop at higher speed. If you are running boxes I dont no what the optimal x would be but greencard said he had some friends with that combo I would ask him. What power are you running? Let me know how you make out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.