blue printing >

blue printing

Notices

blue printing

Old 04-14-2009, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blue printing

how tuff is it to blue print my hull?
what is the process? do you just sand all the high spots out and buff it back out or what??
if its to much work i may just go smoke all the vee's at the lake and then concentrate on beer consuption. i dont know what worse my boats fuel mileage or my buddies beer mileage
Old 04-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Registered

Ha! ... Yea I can relate my boat is vicious on fuel to and I like to throw a few back my self when im out for a day on the river.... lol Out of curiousity how long does a full tank last for you at cruise speed? I get about an hour and a half at cruise speed 3,800. Or at least thats what I got last year. I tuned my motors in on our dyno after the winter rebuild so that should get a little better. It actually calculates fuel consumption. If I ran Wide open for 15 minutes on a full tank I would be empty in 15 minutes, 120 gallons! Crazy huh...
Old 04-14-2009, 11:27 PM

i have 2 tanks that hold a little over 100 gallons but haven't run it enough to calculate consumption. if im running it hard i would guess i could get 6hrs out of 200 gals.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:29 PM

i took the spacers out but haven't put up any new pics how do i make the bottom perfect and will it help with the speed? just wondering if it would make any difference and if its worth the work.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by cody_white83
i took the spacers out but haven't put up any new pics how do i make the bottom perfect and will it help with the speed? just wondering if it would make any difference and if its worth the work.
I did a full blue print on my 30' Chris-Cat outboard Pro-Stock boat, and it added maybe one or two MPH at best. The bottom is actually pretty good out of the mold. Also, to do it right you really need to flip the boat upside down. If you don't, you really aren't going to do the job correctly and any gains will be minimal.

Judging from the photos of your drives, etc., you could gain a lot more from other areas. Save the blue printing for when everything else has been done. Get your drive heights and set backs correct, try some different props, try a little weight savings, etc. All of these areas will yield you as much or more than a blue print to the bottom and will be much easier and less expensive to do. Blue printing should be last on your list when there is nothing else left that will get you any gains.

Just my 2 cents!

Tom
Total Marine