Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Chris Craft
88 Fittipaldi Stinger >

88 Fittipaldi Stinger

Notices

88 Fittipaldi Stinger

Old 07-20-2009, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought the Fittipaldi

Hi all. Just wanted to intro myself and let you know that I bought the Fittipaldi from Lakeside and had it delivered last week. My plans are to go through it an give it a full resto. This will be my first boat resto and I have a lot of learning to do for sure. I was very glad to get this boat as I have wanted one since seeing the movie Tequilla Sunrise.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wasn't there one at Londontowne Marina in MD not too long ago?
Old 07-22-2009, 02:27 PM
Registered

Good luck on the rebuild. The closer to original the better, man that will be sweet ride and a croud plezer.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:22 PM

Any sources for an original or reprint brochure and owners manual?
Old 07-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Registered

You'll probably need an electronic copy of the Mercuiser Manual first and foremost. If you'd like, I'll burn a copy of mine to CD and put it in the mail for you?

I just obtained a mint 1987 Chris Craft Range Brochure but unfortunately it doesn't have the Fittipaldi Stinger for 1988. I think they were a specially advertised and ordered through dealers job anyway.

I don't know if these boats actually came with an owners manual. I think mine probably came with a peice of paper that said,
"Park boat near water, remove wallet from pocket, empty contents onto ground and burn."

Good luck mate, be sure to post some pics when you get the chance, we all live vicariously through one anothers adventures in nautical expense on here!

John.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:39 PM

Hey Ghostrider, that would be awesome to get that Mercruiser manual and very nice of you to offer it! Way too true about the wallet and burning money thing, too! The boat is currently up on blocks in a field down from my home (wife doesn't know I bought it). The motors are new with only 2 hours on them and one of the Bravo OD's is new but I wanted to kinda go over it all before throwing it in the lake. I am going to port it on Lake Ontario when it is done and will post some "before" pics soon. It is in pretty decent shape overall but does have some scars and stress cracks. I need to decide whether to paint it or try to restore the gelcoat.

Last edited by ChrisCraft77; 08-17-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Jammin'
Wasn't there one at Londontowne Marina in MD not too long ago?
I do remember there being one in MD area but it was sold when I started searching for one. It looked pretty clean from what I remember of the pics.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ChrisCraft77
Hey Ghostrider, that would be awesome to get that Mercruiser manual and very nice of you to offer it! Way too true about the wallet and burning money thing, too! The boat is currently up on blocks in a field down from my home (wife doesn't know I bought it). The motors are new with only 2 hours on them and one of the Alpha OD's is new but I wanted to kinda go over it all before throwing it in the lake. I am going to port it on Lake Ontario when it is done and will post some "before" pics soon. It is in pretty decent shape overall but does have some scars and stress cracks. I need to decide whether to paint it or try to restore the gelcoat.
No worries,

Send me a PM or email me at jkronayne 'at' bigpond 'dot' com with your mailing address and I'll send a copy up to you.

That part about the wife not knowing made me laugh! I told my wife that part and she said if I had tried that, she would have killed me! You should have seen the look on her face when I brought mine home! I took pictures of her and the boat! She wasn't happy!

This whole spending thing never really ends does it?!?

Last edited by Ghostrider; 08-17-2009 at 04:05 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Registered

Been away for a while, been gettin into som outboards. Houz the rebuild comin?
Old 02-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered

Any update on the progess of this boat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.