Almost finished the new 3 pack seating for the 202

Notices

Almost finished the new 3 pack seating for the 202

Old 09-13-2009, 08:13 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SUE C Q
Hey guy , not to be rude but .................it kinda looks to me like every piece of scrap wood in the shed just because of all the knots in the plywood and the other material that you are you using and are you using Marine grade Ply wood with Stainless brackets & screws ? Hey guy just curious are you going to coat all the bare wood with resin, for the pure fact that you just might want it to last a little longer other then the particle board with a laminate on the outside .
Are you kidding me..Take another look bud.. There is no particle board.. It is all made out of good outdoor ply, birch centers.. Do a lil reading and you will find that good out door ply is just as good as marine wood, is cheaper. Only diff is that the voids in the wood are not as many per foot in marine wood.. All the brackets are aluminum, all hardware is Stainless... Another thing you are wrong about is, you do not want the wood completely covered in ressin, as it will not be able to dry if water gets in which will cause it to rott.. Just the tops are getting coated to keep water from running into the plys..I will take my chances with what you say is particle board and scraps, considering the stock seats lasted over 20 years, still wernt rotted, just wanted to do a good set of seats.... Oh and the original wood was just junk... Think it held up pretty good...

All the interior is getting done in a few weeks, over the winter the Bravo, procharger, external steering will be put on.. See how close to 100mph thta will get me.... The two center pieces are getting bolted to the dash, also putting a foot throttle in it.. It is a handfull at this point, can't imagine what it is going to be like with over 500 hp..
UPDATE A FEW MORE PICS...
John jr

Last edited by Fenderjack; 09-13-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Foot Throttle??

That's cheating isn't it?

I debating redoing my interior soon now too, except I think I'll do away with the center storage area on the 222 and set a bench seat up behind the drivers area or try and add some more seating somehow.

Has anyone made up a bimini cover or anything similar for shade? How's the motor going?

John.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,231 Likes on 686 Posts

John,

You will need to eliminate the storage area plus move the entire seat back just about over the front of the engine to gain that kind of room. You may also need to reconstruct the dash (and the electronics,cabinet, etc.).

I tried finding a way of making more seating area on mine, but found it was better to just leave well enough alone.

I'll end up replacing the boat or adding another to the stable if I want more room. Just doesn't seem worth the trouble.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Curious how wide is the inerior dimension on that boat. I am thinking of doing something similiar but only have 55" left gunnel to right gunnel. Thanks