What would you.... >

What would you....

Notices

What would you....

Old 08-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What would you....

do to your boat. If you had some extra money to fix what ever you needed/wanted.

First 2 things for me would be:

#1 New Drive Setup, no more SSM #2's
#2 Re-upholster the hole boat, cabin and all

After that I still have a huge list!

So yeah lets here what you would do....
Old 08-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd replace the drives first.

In fact, I'd do anything dirty, mechanical, electrical or structural before I did the upholstery.

Why? Because I re-did some of the upholstery in my Stinger concurrent to re-building the engine, replacing the engine, changing the intake / carb / cam conbo, swapping drives, re-wiring the boat 10 times and redoing the entire fuel system.

What did I get? Grease and crap all over my nice new upholstery! I've spent a week just trying to clean it all off! If I had to do it over, I'd wait until I'd done all the dirty work before I touched the interior.

For your situation though, not familiar with the #2s and what you'd want to swap to, but if it's a big job (transom mods etc) I'd do that first, it'll give you more room in the engine bay to tidy up while the motors are out too!
Old 08-14-2009, 06:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ghostrider
I'd replace the drives first.

In fact, I'd do anything dirty, mechanical, electrical or structural before I did the upholstery.

Why? Because I re-did some of the upholstery in my Stinger concurrent to re-building the engine, replacing the engine, changing the intake / carb / cam conbo, swapping drives, re-wiring the boat 10 times and redoing the entire fuel system.

What did I get? Grease and crap all over my nice new upholstery! I've spent a week just trying to clean it all off! If I had to do it over, I'd wait until I'd done all the dirty work before I touched the interior.

For your situation though, not familiar with the #2s and what you'd want to swap to, but if it's a big job (transom mods etc) I'd do that first, it'll give you more room in the engine bay to tidy up while the motors are out too!
Good points about the dirty work!!!

Yeah I mostly did this post to see other peoples thoughts and ideas from there experiences and to wake up this forum a little bit, no one ever seems to be on here anymore....
Old 08-15-2009, 03:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Stinger Crowd have moved in lately!
There was some good discussion earlier this year about one of the Chris-Cats that was completely re-done. One of the nicest interior fit out's I've seen in a Chris Cat anywhere.

Have you decided what you're going to do yet?
Old 08-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Registered

Oh yeah, I decided a long time ago ehat I was going to do, I just have to come up with the money to do it... I have been laid off since last december so money has been tight this year to say the least!!!