Blew a PS Hose clean off!

Notices

Blew a PS Hose clean off!

Old 01-03-2010, 03:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blew a PS Hose clean off!

G'day all,
Moved the boat up to Darwin NT (Australia) and was prepping it for a lake run today. The drive steering felt a little spongy and I noticed a slightly loose PS hose fitting so I thought we'd bleed the system out just to be sure.

Just when we were getting the last bit done (ran out of fluid half way!) The level in the res dropped out. Checked the hoses and the 90 deg coming off the inline filter on the transom had blown clean out of the press fitting. Was a brand new HP hose and SS fitting too!

Ah well, have to get a new one now. At least it happened on the trailer rather than the water, that could have really ruined my day / life!

Lesson #4062 learned!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine's full hydraulic already. It just turned out that the mob who made my hoses put a bad crimp on one 90 deg join which was wrong for the type of hose. End result was a blown hose. I replaced the hose and have used a Banjo style fitting on the other end to better clear the exaust. We'll give it a go this weekend and see how she holds!